Stewed on this for a year.

To be honest, in the words of one of our learned members here, the time for stewing is over and let left and right get in on this dialogue.

get them knuckles cracked, and set off at him in a roaring windmill type fashion.

Job done

Edited by kyska

yep totally out of order,proper snake in the grass, give him a good gob full.

,why do peoiple think that once they've been somewhere that it becomes open season.

you'd think the chance of being done for "armed trespass" would be enough to give anyone the willys .

COME ON ANONYMOUS FRIEND HAVE YOUR SAY!

IM SURE YOU CAN PUT YOUR SIDE WHILE KEEPING IT CORDIAL

MAYBE YOU HAVE YOUR REASONS OR WANT TO BUILD BRIDGES OR MAYBE THE OP IS AN EVIL VINDICTIVE CHARACTER ASSASSIN ,, OR MAYBE YOU ARE ONE AND THE SAME WITH A SERIOUS DISSOCIATIVE IDENTITY DISORDER .....LOL

Caught 'Chaser' Smithy out with a cracking joke a few years ago on a Lea Valley pit that was local to me a producing some cracking tench. I'll PM you the story, in light of what you have written I think you'll enjoy it.

I had three double figure Barbel off the Warwickshire avon one Sunday night. A guy upstream saw me and on Wednesday night Matt Hayes, Misck Brown and Phil Smith all on the bank with camper vans? ????

You Invite a "friend" onto one of your permissions for a decent day on the pigeons. He ask farmer for his own permission, what would you do?

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't dream of it. Even now, after a year, i have never once knocked on any of his farmers doors to try and creep in behind his back.

just had the same thing done to me not nice at all i shall think twice next time

You Invite a "friend" onto one of your permissions for a decent day on the pigeons. He ask farmer for his own permission, what would you do?

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't dream of it. Even now, after a year, i have never once knocked on any of his farmers doors to try and creep in behind his back.

just had the same thing done to me not nice at all will think twice next time if there is a next time

I take it they are a Ex friend now , it's shame as there is not much you can do about it if the farmer has given permission .

That said it would be gloves off about approaching the other farms they shoot.

Fortunately those I shoot with have better morals as do I , how anyone can repay a favour by stabbing you in the back I cannot comprehend .

Happen to me more than once. Local builder doing a job for the farmer managed to get on then decided he would like to make a pheasant shoot out of it could be rent it told the farmer I was shooting the pheasants .not true. I was asked not to go again. He got it all to himself.another bloke I used to shoot with every weekend I introduced to 2 farmers he made personal friends with both of them and got sole permission he rarely goes got no one to go with.

Never had it as severe as this but I have often asked a friend to shoot with me on various permissions I have game and pigeon. He rarely if ever asks me in return and while I like the guy and we get on I find it irritating that he cannot get out and find a few birds for himself and return the favour😡

I have had a so called mate lose me the best permission I ever had. The land i was shooting 2 years ago was like a blue walking carpet on the peas so i invited my mate to a red letter day on them between us we shot 356 woodies. He was ecstatic about it and raved about it in the local pub. next time i went to shoot it I pulled up in the farmyard to be met by a very Irate farmer who in no circumstances would listen but my so called mate had been back with 2 of his mates and shot it leaving cartridges all over and countless £s in damaged crops. He had told the farmer when he challenged him that i had given him permission which of course i haden't . The farmer then told me he was revoking my permission and told not to come back. I was distraught went to see this so called mate who could only say that he was sorry I was thinking only about my sgl or i would have beaten the living daylights out of him. trust know one never invite any one unless you are 100% dure they are ok.

So judging by the feedback on here, majority reckon he's a bit of a knob. Now i have a dilemma, do I take the gloves off and go knock on all his farmers doors or not?

I would suggest that two wrongs don't make a right in that instance, you are obviously the better man for not flipping out about it.

However, I would issue him a heartfelt letter/PM and leave it at that. I would suggest to him that what he did was not nice and that he should honourably decline going back to said place of his own accord.

See what reply you get, and if he doesn't agree that what he has done is wrong - feel free to do plan A but at least you have tried to be man about it.