Sad Dad

Gunman

About a month ago my wife and I got the terrible news that the pneumonia our wonderful Daughter Emily was suffering from was masking the symptoms of a rare form of terminal lung cancer that affects non smoking , active and other wise healthy young women .Only pervious symptom's were some tiredness and a dry cough ,as she put her self "the sort of cough you would put on if phoning into work to pull a sickie" .

So Dads if your daughter starts an annoying but persistent cough with no specific cause or other symptoms get to a doctor and don't take no for a answer until she has had a full check /scan etc .

Emily died on Tuesday afternoon .

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A month from the bombshell is hardly time to come to terms with everything.

Words can't really describe the losing of a child like this or what you must have been through over the last weeks.

I'm really sorry for your loss.

Very sorry to hear your sad news. I lost a 14 year old son, 12 years ago, so I can empathise with what you are going through. Stay strong and think of all the things that she said and did, that made you laugh. I still do, and they always bring a smile to my face.

If you don't mind me asking, how old was your daughter?

Steve.

Sorry for your loss gunman, I can't possible imagine how you feel right now but i'll hug my daughter a little harder every night. Parents should never have to say goodbye to their children.

Mrs Aunt is just about to pass from lung cancer although she smoked, has taken less than a month from tighg chestedness.