A First "Hello"

DoctorG

Hi everyone,

New to clay pigeon shooting, did a taster last year with my good lady and we loved it.

Had another go last month (I sneakily went a third time while she was in work!) and we're hooked.

License applications being processed, cabinet sat upstairs waiting for the firearms officer to pay a visit and we're off to the local gunshop tomorrow to swing a few O/Us around.

I'll avoid mentioning Beretta, Browning or Miroku at the momentfor fear of starting a bun fight :)

I'll avoid asking newbie questions like which gun, which cartridge etc, but I dare say I'll ask a few howlers in the days, weeks and months to come....in fact I have a (probably dumb) question I'm about to post in the forum. Keep your eyes peeled for it, have a laugh for free :)

Spent many years with air rifles but blam blams are all new to me.

Some clay bashing will fill the gap between sea trout sessions very nicely.

Celebrating a year being cancer free after prostatectomy surgery...yay...treating us both to a couple of guns and the promise of many hours of fun, and not just a little competition between us, shooting frisbees in the sky.

Gareth

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to hear at least 2 members that have so far beaten the big C and wish my wife would come shooting targets with me, rim and centre fire as well as my 2 sons but alas she has a fear of rifles. If you attend a shoot you be surprised how many women shoot(very well most of them).

• 3 weeks later...