Equipment and Cartridge Bag

DoctorG

Just starting to blast some clays and getting my kit sorted.

Firstly I'm in need of a general equipment bag: something to carry headphones, glasses, slips and a couple of slabs of cartridges etc between shooting stands.

So, what bags etc are you guys and gals using?

I'm not swayed by fashion so have been looking at all purpose kit bags on Amazon.

But to make sure I get something that fits, what are the dimensions of a typical 'slab' (250) of cartridges?

Thanks in advance,

G

are you realy a doctor ?

Go and have a look with your ear defenders on and safety glasses on

Bag to hold 75 + 25 in your pocket

I doubt you will want to fire more than 100 on your first few trips

Oh and its shoot a few clays

In my case, it's to shoot a few clouds - as all who were on the same squad as me on the charity clay shooting day could attest !

On that day we were shooting 100 clays. I usually take 110 cartridges, just in case of any 'no birds' on the second clay. 25 in the pockets on my skeet vest to start with, 85 in the bag.

After a couple of stands I'll top up my pockets.

If you get a pair of electronic ear defenders (which I would highly recommend), then once you've put them on you won't take them off. Same for your shooting specs. The Howard Leight peltor 'sport impact' ear defenders are, in my opinion, very good. Some don't like them though.

I always put the gun in the slip between stands. Why carry the gun AND carry the slip ?

I've got one of the Jack Pyke cordura cartridge bags. mine is the 'speedloader' one, which is tidy enough to be used on game days too. You can see it here :

http://www.jackpyke.co.uk/products/bags-and-belts/speed-loader--cartridge-bag-duotex.aspx

You should be able to pick it up cheaper than that though.

In my case, it's to shoot a few clouds - as all who were on the same squad as me on the charity clay shooting day could attest !

On that day we were shooting 100 clays. I usually take 110 cartridges, just in case of any 'no birds' on the second clay. 25 in the pockets on my skeet vest to start with, 85 in the bag.

After a couple of stands I'll top up my pockets.

If you get a pair of electronic ear defenders (which I would highly recommend), then once you've put them on you won't take them off. Same for your shooting specs. The Howard Leight peltor 'sport impact' ear defenders are, in my opinion, very good. Some don't like them though.

I always put the gun in the slip between stands. Why carry the gun AND carry the slip ?

I've got one of the Jack Pyke cordura cartridge bags. mine is the 'speedloader' one, which is tidy enough to be used on game days too. You can see it here :

http://www.jackpyke.co.uk/products/bags-and-belts/speed-loader--cartridge-bag-duotex.aspx

You should be able to pick it up cheaper than that though.

Yep :)

Edited by fenboy