Advice on LandRover servicing.

Carman06

Hi guys and gals. I'm after some advice on how to get best price for first service on my freelander 2. Have phoned a couple of dealers and price has varied from £410 down to £350.

I would really appreciate any tips or advice on best way to go about getting the price down.

Cheers

Halfords will carry out exact service as done at the main dealer which is why it doesn't invalidate the warranty. They say that they use either OEM or genuine parts, When I booked in my daughters cars I agreed with them to use genuine parts.

Saving is significant compared to main dealer.

When I bought my new Freelander years ago, the dealer informed me that to keep the warranty valid, I would have to have it serviced by a LR dealer. But, I found out that as long as it was serviced at a reputable garage, and LR parts are used, (oil filter, fuel filter and air filter) the warranty remains valid. This was proved when I had work done on it while under warranty.

Try Formula 1-normally price match anyone local so find a nearby garage and tell F1 that you were quoted £200 by them-I have done this many times before and have had a mini service (Air filter/Oil filter and fully synthetic oil) done on my 2.3ltr Saab for £40 many times.

They don't have to use OE parts, as long as they meet OE specification they will be fine, all recognised brands from people like Fram, Wix, UFI, Mann & Hummel will meet or exceed these specs. The same with any car thanks to Block Exemption, any dealer who tells you other wise is being economical with the truth

They don't have to use OE parts, as long as they meet OE specification they will be fine, all recognised brands from people like Fram, Wix, UFI, Mann & Hummel will meet or exceed these specs. The same with any car thanks to Block Exemption, any dealer who tells you other wise is being economical with the truth

Thanks great bit of info.