New head lamp for on the Marsh ??

hedge hunter

Hi guys what's your thoughts on this petzl head lamp.

Avaliable now at go outdoors for only £10

Petzl Tikkina Headlamp

A basic headlamp with two modes, ideal for everyday proximity use.The Petzl Tikkina has two lighting modes to adapt the light to your surroundings. The proximity mode provides a wide, comfortable beam for close range use such as reading, while the ambient mode has a dimmer beam to avoid blinding others when you're in a group situation.

It operates with a single push-button to switch between modes, and has an IPX4 water resistant casing which will protect from splash and spray from all angles.

The Tikkina runs from 3xAAA batteries (included), which provide a burn time of up to 180 hours.

Weight: 85gMaximum output: 60 lumens (proximity mode) / 15 lumens (ambient).Maximum range: 30m / 15m.Burn time: 120 hours / 180 hours.IPX4 weather resistance.Adjustable and washable elastic strap.3xAAA/LR03 batteries, rechargeable Ni-MH compatible.

Be aware use of lights can create friction with other fowlers

Sometimes it's valid sometimes it's not but best not to use one whenever it can be avoided. Very useful for letting others know your location and saving them a long walk yet can alert fowl on the roost etc

Hi Kent, yes I take this advise on board. I was just thinking for early morning and late evening getting on and off the Marsh safely. I see what you mean about maybe upsetting other fowlers, but personally I'd rather know I had the option to use a light if need be. And think I would just feel more secure knowing I had a light source to hand if push come to shove! !

That headlight will be spot on. i carry a headlight myself but have only used it once and that was to flash it at a fellow fowler who was walking towards my hidey hole but he just kept walking so when he had crossed the last gulley and was still coming towards me i give him a few more flashes and he come right to me all out of breath so i popped up and he said oh i never saw you!!!!!!!! I think his eyes were painted on

Depending on the use of a light pre dawn will rob you temporarily of your night vision, on an unfamiliar area of marsh a low powered lamp used sparingly and pointed at the ground close to you feet is ok.....flashing light beams around like at lighthouse will cause friction with other fowlers and may alert your quarry!

As someone already posted a quick flash will make late fowlers avoid you position......like the plague I imagine?........ well at least you'd hope so!