Couple of roe from last night

Dunkield

The last few days of being able to hide in crops, I just wanted to see how close I could get before she knew I was there

Unfortunately her 'bf' had already legged it.

P1030944 (Medium).JPG

Buck well out in the open, but it was over 200 yards away and it was already getting dimpsy [hence the camera shake]

There is always another day

P1030947 (Medium).JPG

They just seem to come and go as they please, the more I try to predict their behaviour patterns the more I am convinced they don't have any.

As the combines were out in force last night they were all over the place, I must have seen well over a dozen, and none were shootable.

Lovely even to be out though full moon and all.

They just seem to come and go as they please, the more I try to predict their behaviour patterns the more I am convinced they don't have any.

As the combines were out in force last night they were all over the place, I must have seen well over a dozen, and none were shootable.

Lovely even to be out though full moon and all.

Yes, it was a nice night with a full moon in clear sky. Hints of Autumn in the air I felt.

I can't predict behaviour patterns either, the only thing I know of for certain is not to panic if the one you're stalking bolts; it will without doubt always (usually :)) pause and look back at you, to give you that perfect broadside shot. There may not always be a backstop or it may be out of range, but it will pause and look back. When one spots me and bolts, this is the time I will make ready by finding a rest, cycling the action and getting steady, waiting for it to pause and look back, just long enough to take the shot. That is the only thing I can predict with any certainty.

Some years ago we put one of those salt licks on top of a stump, which will run down following rain, but I can't say it attracted them or not; we certainly never saw any using it.

Yes I have 3 or 4 seats positioned inside woods where roe stop and look back if they have been spooked in the field.
Funny what a difference a couple of days make, I went out again yesterday morning, first thing and ended with a choice of shots.

Opted for a muntjac buck and a reasonable roebuck and left it at. Be interesting to see how brave they are once all of their cover has been harvested.

Having done a lot of walking and fancying a break I sat up in a seat for bit and watched this fawn chewing away at some cover crop before moving on.

P1030949 (Medium).JPG