Not very much success this week so far :(

Redditch

So, other day I had a call off the farmer, corvids were on his barley field across the river.

So I get to the fording place and think, "ohh, that doesn't look deep" and I'd crowd it many times before, so in I went in 4wd. Got about 1/3 the way across and the water was up to the front edge of the bonnet, and the current was pushing me down stream towards the drop off from the hardened area. So hit the gas and went through a lot faster than was comfortable, or really safe, but managed to get across.

Managed two wood pigeons and five corvids, before it started to chuck it down with rain, so packed up quick and headed back across the river, with the same results LOL. 30 minutes later and the water had risen at least another metre, so not a moment too soon.

Then next morning he rings me to say corvids are in the field next the road. Get down there and it's not the field next to the road, but the one behind that, and in the bottom right hand corner. Now way of getting near it without causing far more damage than the crows are doing, so fired a single shot in the air, and 200-300 corvids took off and disappeared to farms afield, with no chance of a shot. But checked later and they hadn't returned, so one happy farmer.

This morning another farmer turns up, and says "i have a fox problem"

turns out sometime during the night, a fox got into the chicken coup and removed 7 of the 8 hens, plus the rooster that were there, leaving just one hen that's also lost most of its feathers.

So tonight I will set up the trail cam, and a nice trail of bait leading to it, and find out what time he's coming.

Then tomorrow night, more bait, but this time I will be waiting with the rifle, and hopefully end his/her chicken stealing antics

Edited by Redditch