Any little local shoots with money as prizes this Sunday

This is not aimed at jordan at all but theres a well known good shooter drives round our area going to prize money shoots winning 99% of them thats all he does an then goes on the pool and wins its a bit annoying because theres only a few what pays out classes. a lot of people have stopped with comp now because its a to bigger task to get 49/50 it takes there enjoyment out of it !

Edited by Shooterluke

This is not aimed at jordan at all but theres a well known good shooter drives round our area going to prize money shoots winning 99% of them thats all he does an then goes on the pool and wins its a bit annoying because theres only a few what pays out classes. a lot of people have stopped with comp now because its a to bigger task to get 49/50 it takes there enjoyment out of it !

Same round here,

Small group of people go round and round until they win it.......

I know of some that spend more on entries than they actually win in prize money just to say they have won something like the local womens institute annual clay shoot (Other institutes are available)

:shaun:

Tbh mate I totally agree with you there

I know a lot of top shots who buy the shoot

I limit myself to 2 cards on a 50 birder

Just really going for the laugh this Sunday

I do believe tho that there shouldn't just be a high gun 2nd and 3rd

There should be classes so it gives everyone the drive and opportunity to win something

Plus living on Barnsley the nearest top ground to me is about an hour and half away

Im a young Barnsley lad who loves my sport which ive just got back into from a 4 year break

The only reason I asked for a money shoot is that it's a good incentive to shoot it

Its not that big boys go to local shoots

All I am is a shooter who try to win so I can shoot more

We all know how expensive our sport is at this current time

Small shoots rarely offer enough money to make it worthwhile travelling more than a couple of extra miles. Bigger shoots, more money, but more competition.

Trying to subsidise future shooting with prize money is a path few travel successfully.

Is there any shoots in Yorkshire this Sunday with prizes on

Fancy a change from the big grounds

You’re in good company on this one matey. The one and only G Digweed used to do this around local shoots years ago. Anything with the word cash involved would attract him and his rear end licking mates along at some point. He would ask what the top score was and if he missed a couple and the score wasn’t on, he’d go and enter again until he got the required score to win and then leave to go to the next target shoot on the list. End result was that it wrecked the local shoots because no one would shoot them and the organisers would be out of pocket or the people that might stand a chance of winning would wait until the shoot was nearly at an end and dive in at the last moment if G. D. hadn’t turned up that day. It all got very petty and although it is a prize for the best shot it is just competitive shooting at the end of the day.

You’re in good company on this one matey. The one and only G Digweed used to do this around local shoots years ago. Anything with the word cash involved would attract him and his rear end licking mates along at some point. He would ask what the top score was and if he missed a couple and the score wasn’t on, he’d go and enter again until he got the required score to win and then leave to go to the next target shoot on the list. End result was that it wrecked the local shoots because no one would shoot them and the organisers would be out of pocket or the people that might stand a chance of winning would wait until the shoot was nearly at an end and dive in at the last moment if G. D. hadn’t turned up that day. It all got very petty and although it is a prize for the best shot it is just competitive shooting at the end of the day.

I was there watching it happen too :lol: but you can't have it both ways, if you want world beating shots with the solid mentality that allows them to straight a small 30/50/70 birder there is no other way. I also know of a few petty shoot organisers that would try and ban people like George, telling us it was to help the others. What the others that can't be bothered to fund their way to the top with multiple cards and practice which fills the shoots coffers ? The very reason the silly fool of an organiser is there in the first place ! :rolleyes:

Instead of winding yourself up about these things there are two ways of looking at it :

1) if you truly don't care about the money and are just out for the craic, then just blot out the big boys and enjoy the day for what it is

2) if you do care about the end score and want to see how close you can get to the greats then watch them and pick up free tips, they don't always walk away with the money either ;) the reason they enter all the small money affairs is because they too know that it ultimately helps their end game.