WARNING TO ALL SHOOTERS !!!!!!!

I stalk in areas with poor or no mobile phone signal.

A couple years ago my wife bought me a Spot 2 device to be used if I fall over.

Obviously would need to be conscious to set of the alarm which would then alert the emergency services.

It also has a facility to send a OK message to which I do when I get back to my truck.

You can google these and find out all about them.

I always carry mine when out stalking now

I work for a mobile phone manufacturer who focuses on the 65+ market. All our devices have an assistance button on the back and an ICE entry. I won't name our brand as i don't want this to look like an advert but i take one of our cheaper models with me when i am out on my own for the same reason as above.

I don't think it'd be advertising as such, not that I'm 65+ but I am unaware such phones exist so could you please put a link up

It'd be useful for my parents without a doubt

Does the assistance button on the back depend on the same service provider as the sim card or is it any available network the same as an emergency call?

Hi Grr,

Apologies for the delayed reply. Yes, it works with the same sim that is in the phone so will only work on that network. At the moment only the emergency number allows access to all networks.

It's why we call it an assistance button and we stress in the handbook ( yes, it has a proper instruction book :lol: ) that users should not programme it with the emergency number.

I don't think it'd be advertising as such, not that I'm 65+ but I am unaware such phones exist so could you please put a link up

It'd be useful for my parents without a doubt

Hi Paul, assume it's ok with the mods so:-

http://www.doro.co.uk/

I will as HQ if we can arrange a discount code for PW members although many retailers are offering cracking deals.

I stalk in areas with poor or no mobile phone signal.

A couple years ago my wife bought me a Spot 2 device to be used if I fall over.

Obviously would need to be conscious to set of the alarm which would then alert the emergency services.

It also has a facility to send a OK message to which I do when I get back to my truck.

You can google these and find out all about them.

I always carry mine when out stalking now

Just googled it and i like it!