Ta potter along the fields this morning

Redditch

Hahahaha, bet not many people get a shot count like that.

Crows were on that back field again, that is too far away to shoot at, and in a place I can't get at. BUT, they were resting in between feeding in the middle of the grass field on the opposite side of the road, and about 60 metres in.

I thought "I might just get one of those", so pulled up and behind the hedge got the gun out and loaded it.

Soon as I stood up, they all took off en masse, and I picked out one and squeezed off.

I thought, "JEEZ, I've got THREE" as I saw three drop at least.

Took aim on another, hit him cleanly, and he went down in another field.

So drove down to where the gate is, and climbed in, to walk up to where they had fallen, and see three running about in the ground. Grab them up, and get pecked to **** for my trouble lol. Then notice more lay in the grass. Recovered SEVEN, so plus the one that landed in the next field that make EIGHT for two shots, SEVEN with the first shot LOL.

Got the seven gathered up (still being pecked by the three wounded ones) and get back to the gate,nowhere I start about dispatching the wounded ones. Unfortunately a wounded jackdaw managed to flutter out of my hand, and disappeared into the hedge, not to be see again, but the fox will have him.

Will have another potter round the farms later.

They were a mixture of rook, jackdaw, and carrion.

And then I have to see about removing that fox later tonight LOL.

Just been out for another look around. Nothing on the main fields, so thought I would have a look around the buildings of one of my other farms. As I'm driving down the lane to the farm proper, I notice some flattened barley in the field to my right. The next field is. Grass with lots of cows and several hundred corvids in it, but can't risk shooting that so near the house and with all the animals in it. However, landing in the barley was about 6-7 wood pigeon. So I pull up and get the gun out, but before it's loaded most of the pigeon have gone, except one who just landed. So I shout and he gets up and I drop him on the spot. Meant a drive round to the other side of the field to get to the gate (was a briar hedge, barbed wire, and a deep ditch in the way to get from where I shot it). So parked up at the gate, and took a 200 metre walk to the pigeon and recovered it, all be it while it rained, so I got soaked LOL

LMAO LOL

The jackdaw I thought had escaped into the hedge, it looks like it had hidden up on top of the fuel tank, and been sat there all this time.

Suddenly my dogs gave chase in my back yard to a jackdaw that couldn't fly, and it went into the kennel where I couldn't find it. Then the dogs signed to down the side of the settee they sleep on, so put my hand down there, and yep, there he was, lively as the day he was born. Can't fly but can hop, and can't see where he's been shot. Also he's been. Through fields, and along roads for at least an hour today, so he's seen a lot of the countryside.

Anyway, he's now in a cat cage, with a bowl of water and some fish for food, so he won't starve and won't hunger, while I decide what to do with him.

He seems friendly enough, so seems a shame to break his neck. Maybe see if he recovers and if he can fly again, I will release him. If not maybe keep him as a house pet LOL