higham lakes northumberland

I've just taken my holidays from work and spent it travelling far and wide through Northumberland/Scottish borders door knocking but to no avail.

I did however come across this outfit who offer various sporting opportunities including pigeon shooting for £45, has anybody used them and do you have any feedback.

Perhaps instead of buying fuel I should have just bought a few outings with this lot.

Thanx for any feedback.

I have never thought door knocking far and wide is likely to get anyone permission to shoot, farmers tend to like to know who they let on their land, especially with a shotgun or firearm.

Not always the case, my main permissions are 50+ miles away and none of the farmers knew me before I called at their home. I do have permission 5 yards from my door and that has taken 20 years to get it as the farmer still remembers me as one of only 2 kids in the village where I live.

Not always the case, my main permissions are 50+ miles away and none of the farmers knew me before I called at their home. I do have permission 5 yards from my door and that has taken 20 years to get it as the farmer still remembers me as one of only 2 kids in the village where I live.

I have to say I`ve never tried door knocking, as a lad I used to go making silage and hay making on all my local farms, and all the sons and daughters were my friends so permission wasn`t a problem.

I have to say I`ve never tried door knocking, as a lad I used to go making silage and hay making on all my local farms, and all the sons and daughters were my friends so permission wasn`t a problem.

I was quite the opposite being only 2 kids my age in the village we regularly made camps in the hay sheds played on the bails etc, and thats all the local farmer remembers. 20 years later he has finally allowed me to shoot on his land.