First time with a .243

BangBangNik

Finally got my paperwork back from Lancashire with a slot for my first centrefire, a .243 mainly for fox and hopefully in time the odd deer.

After an "accidental" trip to Malmo I came home a little lighter but a hell of a lot happier with a second hand tikka t3 lite in stainless.

First chance I got I went down the farm for a quick zero and some trigger time. The bore was completely spotless so I picked up a cheap part box of some old federal hollow points to get some copper in the tube and have a play. I shot 3x 3 shot groups. 2 at 50 yards to get somewhere near and this at 100 yards

00C4D0C0-A281-4034-92C2-A04AC96FB599.jpg

I'm sure it's not up to some people's standard but I'm pretty happy with it for a first go. Not too bothered that it's not on the bull as I have some Winchester varmint x ballistic tip rounds that I will zero it for next time I'm down.

Congrats on the new purchase!

btw how long are variations in Lancs taking at the moment? Quite a while by the sounds of it.

Mine took about 5 weeks and that was with chasing it up as I needed to buy more rimfire ammo. Although a friend of mine sent his in the same day and had it back a week later. He has had a .223 for 18 months though and I only got my first rimfire in January.