Loan of a Fox trap.

lxtav

Has anyone around the Linlithgow, Central Scotland area have a fox trap that I could have a loan of to resolve a fox problem.

Our Jack Russell has been going loopy wanting out at all times of the night but we couldn't work out why. However last night we put a cooked chicken carcass in the food waste recycling bin (which does have a handle that locks it shut) and this morning it's gone. We opened the door this morning to veg peelings on the path and on closer inspection the waste bin had been unlocked, the chicken was gone and there are fox hairs on the bin. Possibly got a town fox that someone has decided to release into the wild as we have never had any of the local foxes right at the front door (where the bin was) as the smell of the dog seemed to keep them away, there are numerous rabbits around for them to eat and we are seeing it during the day as well.

Now that foxy has decided to visit it's got to go. I don't mind the odd one keeping the rabbits down but this one has also been trying to get at a neighbours chickens and it's not getting to go anywhere near ours. Unfortunately we have a very small area in the field that we could shoot it with the shotgun on (which currently has long grass we are trying to cut for hay if it ever stops raining) and definitely not big enough for a fox calibre rifle. So I'm on the look out for a loan of a trap to catch it or someone who wants to have a go at catching it so It can be "rehomed" properly.