17-year-old male was injured following the discharge of an air rifle.

HAYBURN

Looks like a propaganda gathering exercise, giving as much media exposure to those dangerous air weapons.

I wonder how many teenagers are injured there due to knives, assaults and glassings.

Of course, collecting records of all the incidents in a small space on a major shooting forum may not be entirely helpful....

Good that we get the chance to argue against idiots like this and be seen to be doing so, though, I suppose...

Edited by neutron619

Of course, collecting records of all the incidents in a small space on a major shooting forum may not be entirely helpful....

Good that we get the chance to argue against idiots like this and be seen to be doing so, though, I suppose...You

I was referring to the SNP / Scottish media, capturing as many shooting incidents as possible to use as negative propaganda against us.

Truth is, deliberate air gun crime is an minnow in the sea compared to those that get their life ruined on a Friday and Saturday night by deliberate vicious crime.......maybe our shooting orgs should be pointing this out.

In fact, air guns could reduce crime by taking youths off the streets and giving them something constructive to do.

Edited by Livefast123

I was referring to the SNP / Scottish media, capturing as many shooting incidents as possible to use against us.

True is, deliberate air gun crime is an minnow in the sea compared to those that get their life ruined on a Friday and Saturday night by deliberate vicious crime.......maybe our shooting orgs should be pointing this out.

Sensible statements on the truth don't win elections, we need sensation and big bold headlines.

Nobody is ever going to vote for a headline of "There isn't really a problem so we are not going to do anything" The people want to vote for "We will prevent massacre by air gun abuse through strict licensing regime"

"95% of dangerous weapons removed from circulation through licensing airguns" is way more sexy than "statistically insignificant airgun crime unaffected by misguided legislation"

Sensible statements on the truth don't win elections, we need sensation and big bold headlines.

Nobody is ever going to vote for a headline of "There isn't really a problem so we are not going to do anything" The people want to vote for "We will prevent massacre by air gun abuse through strict licensing regime"

"95% of dangerous weapons removed from circulation through licensing airguns" is way more sexy than "statistically insignificant airgun crime unaffected by misguided legislation"

Very true.......unfortunately.

I'll get my coat and take the truth with it!

I,m in two minds about this Scottish air gun licencing thing,

1, its a bit harsh to make everyone licence there air rifles ( what my heart feels )

2, the Scottish people voted these idiots in power knowing what there agenda was,,,,,,,,so tuff,,you all voted them in,

in our country ENGLAND at the moment we don't need licences for air rifles,,would I vote for a party that wanted to licence them ? the simple answer is NO

you Scottish voted them in and now Scottish airgunners are complaining, WHY ??? it was YOU LOT that put the pen to the paper,no-one forced you to vote them in,

sometimes it beggars belief

don't mean to offend anyone its just how I feel

I,m in two minds about this Scottish air gun licencing thing,

1, its a bit harsh to make everyone licence there air rifles ( what my heart feels )

2, the Scottish people voted these idiots in power knowing what there agenda was,,,,,,,,so tuff,,you all voted them in,

in our country ENGLAND at the moment we don't need licences for air rifles,,would I vote for a party that wanted to licence them ? the simple answer is NO

you Scottish voted them in and now Scottish airgunners are complaining, WHY ??? it was YOU LOT that put the pen to the paper,no-one forced you to vote them in,

sometimes it beggars belief

don't mean to offend anyone its just how I feel

Er you do realise that a few hundred thousand shooters makes ****** all difference to the ballot box results across an entire country. They got fed a load of Salmond paste by a Sturgeon admittedly, but millions against a few hundred thousand means that the minority suffer because of the prejudice and ill information circulated to the masses...

If shooters on both sides of the boarder stood together instead of against each other we might be able to defend ourselves Bickering like children doesn't help anyone does it. The NRA in America comes to mind Don't mean to offend anyone it's just how I FEEL

Absolutely correct and not much time left IMHO? :good:

Have posted this opinion a few times and not one comment apart from you.xsad2.gif.pagespeed.ic.YfkiCi3QNR.png

People who enjoy shooting sports in the UK have been a much legislated and reduced in number section of the populace. The increasing legislation is designed to remove guns from our legal ownership. The last person in European history to attempt that was a jumped up little Austrian pillock in Germany.

Unfortunately no matter how much we yell there are not enough of us in one place to make a difference in an election!

Many of us have been saying that we need a national body to represent shooting as a whole, much like the NRA. Problem is, shooters can't even support each other. Each branch of the hobby thinks that they are superior to the other and why should they support target shooting, vermin control or shooting clay targets etc. Until this pathetic situation is sorted out we are vulnerable and weak, a sitting duck has more chance.

Cant agree more we do the antis work for them but even this post has got a few of us talking it's a start. Sticking your head in the sand and thinking you're safe won't work. I hate this its your fault attitude it's our fault in the end if shooting ends if we don't sort our selfs out soon it will be too late as old man said we don't have much time left

the problem is ,,,,,, we will never have one shooting organisation like the yanks because there is too much money involved and its not a right

tha yanks have had owning a gun as part of their rights, in the UK ( which its not anymore ) we don't have any rights and soon gun ownership will be a thing of the past,

lets be honest idiots with air rifles seem to be the biggest media problem,, is this because they are not licenced ? I certainly doubt it

I just don't see the difficulty with this?

No need for the existing organisations to merge in any way, just form a permanent coalition and grow some gonads?

There will be a lot of hand wringing and tears eventually when it all goes off piste?

They even seem to be blinkered enough to not see that if the sport goes so does their jobs?

Not likely to affect me.

I just don't see the difficulty with this?

No need for the existing organisations to merge in any way, just form a permanent coalition and grow some gonads?

There will be a lot of hand wringing and tears eventually when it all goes off piste?

They even seem to be blinkered enough to not see that if the sport goes so does their jobs?

Not likely to affect me.

why is that