land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

and now

I looked at that and thought 'Did they have Pozi-drive when Bonnie was built, or just Phillips?' Googled it, and not much wiser... I never realised there were so many screw-head designs! It's mind-boggling!!!

So, did they?

Mike.

Edited by Mike737

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

rivet counter........... :lol::lol: ..............everytime i undo a bolt off the landy i replace it witrh a stainless bolt and washer nut............if a rivet counter looked at my landrover they would have a bloody fit....and lay on the ground foaming at the mouth...

I'm guessing so Mike. There the same as the ones that were in when I got her. That's if at some point they haven't been changed. And all the nuts and bolts I got in a massive £700 kit form L.R Fasteners so I would hope there right.

You spent £700 on nuts and bolts I am wondering if you are not another one with more money than sence. :whistling:

it did seem expensive, but it was for every correct nut,bolt,washer,locking washer,and all kinds of other fixings that hold it altogether, in the ends its been well worth it :good::good:

Probably a stupid question but were they all labelled in individual bags? May get one of these for a forthcoming 110 project.

that looks wrong.....think the frame edge might have flexed when it was lowered into the molten zinc.......you will have to do a measure up and squeeze or bend it slowly back into true-fit.....

is that the old one ..redone or is it a new one ?

Edited by ditchman

Old windscreen just galved.

its warped then..............bend it back into square to the bulkhead.........so the joints match....dosnt have to be perfect ...and dont worry about seating the glass.....thats why they use plenty of putty...to take up the difference.........

Until I've investigated it further I won't be bending anything. It could be the door top that's outa wack. I could even if some how put the windscreen on wrong. You know what I'm like going full steam ahead and getting everything wrong. I'll let my mate have a look first.

Until I've investigated it further I won't be bending anything. It could be the door top that's outa wack. I could even if some how put the windscreen on wrong. You know what I'm like going full steam ahead and getting everything wrong. I'll let my mate have a look first.

we are talking about 2 different things here

1. the door not marrying with the window frame...........thats because the door top hasnt bedded into the mastic to straighten it and the window frame hasnt been tighten up to the right angle....and....
  2. where the frame MEETS the bulkhead

# 1 is adjustment

# 2 the side of the frame needs bending slightly so the frame runs straight into the top of the bulkhead.........

im lost im afraid, all this talk of bending, if i try bend anything i can guarantee you one thing, it will snap, im a ******* animal with stuff like that, i will go full chimpanzee on it. :lol::lol:

just from the photos it looks like if the door top was over a bit, and the screen was clamped down properly that might do the trick,between the door and the door top there is just a 1/4 inch rubber seal

Edited by viking