land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so took bonni to the show, and to cut a long story short, there are 4-5 land rovers there every year for the last 10, none restored just in tatty original condition, 3 are series 1's, one was a series 2a and the other was a series 1, 107, and one of the series 1's won best 4X4, nothing short of a joke really, iv emailed the organisers to ask why :lol::lol::lol:

Enjoyed every minute of this thread, thank you :good:

Why didnt you win a prize?....... because they all give prizes to their mates, seen it so many times, sad trophy hunters :lol:

I show cars often, but I leave a note on them to say 'not to be judged' [been there done that]

You did what you set out to do, you are a winner in the true sense :yahoo: well done

We you started this project I cautioned you not to get too much money in the car, I thought you might get your fingers burnt, I have a series two that had just shy of £20k spent on it and I paid £11k for it, you can soon loose money if you dont keep an eye on it!

but you didnt loose out, you made, result!

Edited by bubble

Cheers bubble. Yes made a few quid but the real bonus was sticking at it and achieving what I set out to achieve. But without the PW members help I'd probably given in. I got enough stick as it was. Imagine if I had to report that I'd given in and sold it as a going concern.

• 1 month later...