land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

can anyone recomend me some decent metal drill bits, i bought a set a while ago for about £5 i wasn't expecting much from them but every one iv used has snapped, i dont need 30 different sizes or for them to be the best as when the land rovers done they wont get much if any use and im not sure how much use they will get at all, but i would like some for just in case,

so dont want to spend to much, :good::good:

can anyone recomend me some decent metal drill bits, i bought a set a while ago for about £5 i wasn't expecting much from them but every one iv used has snapped, i dont need 30 different sizes or for them to be the best as when the land rovers done they wont get much if any use and im not sure how much use they will get at all, but i would like some for just in case,

Car boots are sometimes worth a look. Dormer is a good old make. Get someone to show you how to sharpen them, then lots of practice.

well it has now as far as im concerned, this site must have thousands of members who dont ever use it or post pictures, surly there should be some leeway on disc space :hmm::hmm:

Well if there is, I'm happy to 'photo fund' and give any allocation I may have to Viking. I enjoy this thread and it wouldn't be the same without the pictures.

You must have a local engineering or fixing and fasteners shop, should be able to buy decent drills in boxes of 10, presto or similar would be fine

well i had a few hours in the garage today after i got back form shooting, 48/50 just in case you were wondering, best iv shot for ages.

managed to finish priming the head and got a couple of coats of black on it,

and got most of the engine ready for primer, took a few photos but cant post them so you will just have to use your imagination.

unless a mod can hook me up with some more disc space :good::good::good::good:

well between last night and today iv finished painting the head and its touch dry and looks really good, well for me it does, i also applied the first coat of white primer to the engine, i chose white as the finished colour is going to be red oxide so didn't want to do it that colour in primer, however it looked shocking with 2 coats of white primer on so did a coat in red oxide and it looked spot on :good::good: so im going to give it one more in white then go for the first top coat :yes::yes:

once again im afraid your going to have to use your imagination until a mod reads this and let me know if he can help with my disc space :good:

Edited by viking

pity you weren't closer mate I,d have made your brake pipes up for you I,ve done hundreds of the things and still have my flaring kit in he shed

kind offer mate thanks :good::good:

I will pass this upstairs but I'm sure its been discussed before

:shaun:

thanks shaun, much appreciated mate :good::good::good::good::good::good::good:

I will pass this upstairs but I'm sure its been discussed before

thing is if i start deleting my old picture in this thread it turns out its something it shouldn't be, a half ***** thread with missing photos,

so i cant really delete any to be able to add more :good::good:

Edited by viking

thing is if i start deleting my old picture in this thread it turns out its something it shouldn't be, a half ***** thread with missing photos,

so i cant really delete any to be able to add more :good::good:

Rather than delete them from the thread can't you use something like Photobucket as Ditchman has posted far more pictures than you and didn't seem to have this problem?

i just sized my pics by e-mailing to myself and saving them to desktop and pasting them from there....thats all !!......mind you i have deleted every post that i have made since 2008 so there is just the engine post......but i think VIKING has done the same .

HHHmmmmm... :hmm::hmm: