How hard is it

team tractor

How hard is it to get a shooting budy ???

I get asked all the time about pigeon shooting and begged to be asked so I ring them and get told ??

You guessed it .

If your going in a fortnight please let me know ???

I'll be shooting solo this weekend :/

yep , been there dozens of times.

How hard is it to get a shooting budy ???

I get asked all the time about pigeon shooting and begged to be asked so I ring them and get told ??

You guessed it .

If your going in a fortnight please let me know ???

I'll be shooting solo this weekend :/

Very hard, some people must just like asking for shooting rather than going shooting itself.

A lot of people may be put of by the cost of shooting lots of cartridges .Im lucky to have my 13 old son that comes with me ,Only draw back is he is a better shot than me and it can get quite embarrassing at times :unhappy: .

That's another thing I get off them . Have you got any cartridges ? Can I use yours ? I'll give you the money ???

Our local shop is 2 miles away from us but they want me doing the running round.

I nearly always try and get someone to go with me especially if they don't get the chance to go much but they have to be able to go when the chance is there . I've rang up in the past and been told no they can't go on the day but they are free Saturday or whenever, I've missed a lot of shoots through trying ito fit round other people, you turn up and the fields ploughed in or been shot or the birds have moved on.Another friend used to quiz me on how many I thought we'd shoot , what the crop was etc before deciding if he was busy or not , I used to take great delight in texting him if he decided not to come and I shot a big bag . You need someone who can take the bad with the good

I am happy to spend time in the hide on my own but have a few people join me occasionally but my philosophy is I decide when and where I am going and they can join me if they are free. I don't like the pressure of feeling I have to deliver a good day .... but that is my fault not my guests. Still limited as new to some permissions so do not ask if can bring a guest until I get to know the farmer.

When you're old & grumpy like me you ask them twice & don't bother after that! :hmm: I have a son-in-law, who won't be reading this, who likes to turn up with just his gun when I've done the reccy, lugged all the gear & set it up on the flightline, built up a nice pattern, and then he wants me to spot for him! :lol:

For what it's worth, I've always appreciated the opportunities that I've been given and some people have really gone out of their way to help me out. I can see that it may appear that I'm not really that interested when I turn down invites but I do spend a lot of time out of the UK. Believe me, I would rather be in the field irrespective of the weather. I cannot put into words how chuffed I was to spend a couple of hours with Mel b3 a couple of weekends ago but I hope he understands why I had to leave.

One user worth mentioning is Mike69. He has gone as far as organising a permission for me but I had to turn down the first chance of going there due to my son travelling up from Plymouth for the weekend. Life just gets in the way sometimes. Unfortunately it seems to have a very bad sense of timing.