Naughty Spaniel :)

bigbird

So I got bored with pigeon shooting half an hour ago and walked home with the dog.

Ten minutes later a phone call from Steve - 'Al, are you missing anything?'

Turns out Molly had got bored with being down at the house with me and had gone up the track, across two fields ( a total of about 2/3 of a mile) and settled back down in the hide again with him! She's keen, I'll give her that! Lol

Edited by bigbird

Haha E.w she's fully trained - she'll sit for hours in the hide :) We sit and forget she's even there, I trust her implicitly not to run in or be daft.

The only thing I'm struggling with this girl is finding the 'off' switch for work mode, she just loves it. She's amazing, one day you can run her in a test, the next a scurry, rough shoot over her the next, beat, pick up, trial - Nd she never lets us down. She's absolutely the best ever :)

Edited by bigbird

Nothing different to any other spaniel. their all workaholics and lunatics. my late spaniel had exactly / similar facial markings to the one in your avatar picture. My current one is about half as wide again from the back as yours. I get her out every evening but it isn't enough exercise and she races around flat out for all the time that we are out. I've reduced the meal a bit and the Mrs keeps a tight rein on the treats that I am blamed for giving her but I think that the hound is a secret midnight feaster somehow. I just melt when spaniels look at me. Beastly bloomin dog.

two and a half. I've got bad news >> mine's 11 this September and the blighter is still a mad lunatic as was her mother before her and her mother before that. The bloodline came from somewhere in North Wales. When you look at the blood history of these dogs the same names crop up several times over the years so there is a bit of inbreeding in them albeit a couple of generations apart. SO what else would we expect other than a bit of lunacy involved. I've only got to go anywhere near a gun or mention gunfire or fox, rabbit , pigeon and the devil almost shakes her rear end off with excitement. and if a firework goes off then it's racing about and a sort of trilling snorting noise. just love em. The blighter snores when she falls asleep and is always trying to get upstairs which the Mrs doesn't allow. when I open the gun room / (large cupboard) door the devil is in like a shot and takes deep breaths of the smells in there.