K laser treatment for dogs?

dawntredder

Anybody know if this is a good way to relief pain due to severe arthritis?...had bad news today that after an X-ray for my 7yr old spaniel they say she has it bad in all legs but especially the right elbow and wrist...gutted coz there saying give her two weeks on pain relief and if no change I should think about euthanasia.... She is in her prime and was such a good wildfowling dog then all of a sudden she's riddled with it....al try anything....gutted don't cut it! Regards DT.

Anybody know if this is a good way to relief pain due to severe arthritis?...had bad news today that after an X-ray for my 7yr old spaniel they say she has it bad in all legs but especially the right elbow and wrist...gutted coz there saying give her two weeks on pain relief and if no change I should think about euthanasia.... She is in her prime and was such a good wildfowling dog then all of a sudden she's riddled with it....al try anything....gutted don't cut it! Regards DT.

get your vet to prescribe some loxicom............ bigbird recommended salmon oil too so I tried it on my old spaniel and he's honestly like a new dog (apart from his deafness that is !!)

get your vet to prescribe some loxicom............ bigbird recommended salmon oil too so I tried it on my old spaniel and he's honestly like a new dog (apart from his deafness that is !!)

that's what she gets at moment also yumove supplements wrapped in salmon to swallow....she can't walk at minute coz her right elbow very bad....she's still lethargic off the anaesthetic today :-/

That's a shame , I doubt there is much that could be done in the long term that would be cost effective or long lasting

Sadly it's probably the fowling that has led to the premature arthritis .

I would say heed your vets advice

This is the best advice hard as it is. Though I'm not convinced by fowling causing it, possibly overdoing things as joints formed or simple bad luck / genetics.

Try what you can rimadyl I've seen work well but it is a relatively young dog. If it's not working well enough then you have to do the right thing

This is the best advice hard as it is. Though I'm not convinced by fowling causing it, possibly overdoing things as joints formed or simple bad luck / genetics.

Try what you can rimadyl I've seen work well but it is a relatively young dog. If it's not working well enough then you have to do the right thing

your right its not fowling that done it coz she was only used early season Sept,Oct and early Nov then she was left home,its bad luck and genetics as you say....its my daughters dog she gave me permission to train it for early season fowling and she was one hell of a brave girl retrieving from the rough seas at times....she has been cut down to early :-( atb DT.

I would imagine the sea is fairly cold even early November , as good as spaniels may be at fowling their coat will let water through and they will be much colder than the more popular breeds , the coat gets soaked through to the skin and will also take longer to dry , even if it was not the direct cause it would not have helped matters .

You obviously love your dog as most of us do and no doubt she has had a good quality of life during the 7 years she has been with you , so take heart in that, some dogs would have had 7 years of misery in the wrong hands.

I know how hard it is to lose a dog too early from experience , it was a hard decision but I knew it was the right one .

I think the plan is to give her a month or two she is have laser treatment on Monday and we also got stronger yumove and glocosimine... I have just had her out and she seems bit better on her pins...my daughter won't let go yet not till she has exhausted all avenues,but I told if it don't improve then we have to do what's right....she's asleep next to me and I can't help think she is the perfect dog but inside a bones lies a killer!! :-/

Well after all that vet says dog is now doing really well and looking more happy...hydro therapy is next along with laser treatment yet they wanted to put her to sleep at start of week...yumove advanced is what's helping am sure of it been on the stuff a while and it must be kicking in now,she'll be around for a while yet the little girl ;-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...