**** weather forecast spoils play

Redditch

So, that was a balls ache of a day :(

Got up at 02:45, fed and walked the dogs, then at 04:00 headed off to the field as it wasn't raining (as forecast).

However, get the gate to the field open, and the trailer doors open, and the heavens opened, so closed everything again and went back home.

At 05:00 decided as it had stopped raining again, that the dry as forecast had arrived, so back to the field and set up.

Just sat down in the pop up hide whenyep, the heavens opened, and it chucked it down again, continuous rain for 30-40 minutes, 10 minutes dry, then heavy rain again, and that carried on until 08:30 :(

Seeing as it was supposed to be warm and dry, I had light clothing and no waterproofs, so pretty soon I was soaked to the skin, freezing, and shivering like mad.

Result was I shot like an absolute ******, missing easy shots, and there wasn't much flying anyway.

Packed up at 11:00 after 1 hour of nothing flying, with 15 confirmed kills, some wounded that flew on, but for 23 shots :( not good, not good at all :(

4 pigeon and 11 corvids

Here it's mostly corvids, which start very early, then the pigeons follow on from those.

The corvids here are about as soon as there's a glow on the horizon, then the pigeons come once the air has warmed a bit

Accuweather.com has served me well for an accurate forecast it will give you hourly updates

Ohh, I have 7 different weather apps, and also two rain apps, but all were forecasting dry from 04:00 this morning, so thought I was in with a good chance LOL.

Rule no1 in NI, NEVER trust a weather forecast LOL

I sympathise, it can be very frustrating when they are so wrong.

Like you I have a few websites I check, including the Met Office, but they all seem to be incapable of being consistently right.

Whats worse is when its actually raining hard and the website is still saying its dry and sunny. :rolleyes:

Sometimes its worth toughing it out, because it can take a lot of hard rain to deter the birds if they really want to feed (especially corvids).