Introduction and/or Refresher Course in Pigeon Shooting.

Cranfield

I attended this course when it was run earlier this year. I actually learned a lot without realising it, the course is so well done and relaxed that it felt like talking to a bunch of blokes just out for the day. I'd been decoying a couple of times and did my own thing to no great effect. After some of the basics of decoying and hide set up were explained it all started to make sense. Gun safety and bird identification were very useful.

The gun fit was worth the cost in itself. Flycoy not only pointed out that I was shooting from the wrong natural side but then spent time with me on the clays to give me the confidence. I missed 2 for 2 on the right but hit everything shooting left handed. I've never managed it again but my shooting has improved now that I'm focused. A few days after the event I got a decent, professional looking, certificate through the post from the BASC. Every little bit counts when I'm out looking for permissions