Crossman 2250xl

bruno22rf

Heard about these little pistol/rifles many times before but after my last disappointing encounter with a 1322 pump up pistol I have never really fancied one. In my local dealers tuther day to buy some cartridges and there ,low and behold, an as new (still with boxes etc) sat just such a gun-picked it up (always a fatal error of mine) and, before I knew it, I was walking towards the car with my handful of Crossman's finest and a pocketful of co2 capsules.

Ten minutes later and my lad and myself are in the garden pointing the black menace at a paper target. I had noticed that the previous owner had fitted a trigger shoe and as I strained my finger attempting to fire the beast I knew why-jesus that's a heavy trigger. After a brief trip indoors to devour 3 Weetabix I lined her up again and took up the strain-what followed was enough noise to drown out my Ducati and make anyone local's ears bleed-helping my lad up from behind the dustbins I suggested, thru ringing ears, that we may have a leaking O ring (oddly enough my son suggested that he may be suffering a similar fate) but closer inspection revealed no such fault. This must be one of the loudest Airguns on the market-so much for the idiot tester on youtube who suggested that the gun doesn't really need a silencer-it does-and judging by the belch of gas omitted from the barrel, a Catalytic converter might be a wise investment too.

Once the crowds had dispersed ,and I had refused my wife's offer of a couple of Tampons for my ears, we carried on with our test firing session and I must admit that the little black beast has grown on me-it uses more gas than my central heating system does on the coldest day of the year and the noise causes the first world war veterans in the village to have flashbacks but it's an accurate and lovable little horror and clearly a case of a gun that's so bad....that its good :good: .

I had a 1322 when I were a lad (70's) and ,er, exercised my right to roam freely wherever Rabbits frolicked-hundreds used to suffer a downturn in their well-being at the very sight of my little weapon and it seemed only fair to take them home and let them convalesce in our freezer.

Then Crossman started having the gun built in Mexico-along with a change in the breach from solid metal to good old plastic-I bought such a pistol about 4 years ago ,brand new, and wish I had never bothered-I returned the first 2 because the breach was not straight and the 3rd gun because no matter how much adjustment to the sight you made-you could not get enough movement to zero the heap-so I finally demanded my pennies back and bought a BSA Magnum (another mistake).

Ducati is a 996 monoposto-in red-had her nearly a year and bought her blind-stupid thing to do as I cannot get my leg over her and according to my local Ducati dealer (On yer bike-what an absolute shower of tossers) there is no ride height adjustment-sorted now though, after talking to someone who knows which end of a bike points towards the front, and loving the big ,low revving V-twin.

Heard about these little pistol/rifles many times before but after my last disappointing encounter with a 1322 pump up pistol I have never really fancied one. In my local dealers tuther day to buy some cartridges and there ,low and behold, an as new (still with boxes etc) sat just such a gun-picked it up (always a fatal error of mine) and, before I knew it, I was walking towards the car with my handful of Crossman's finest and a pocketful of co2 capsules.

Ten minutes later and my lad and myself are in the garden pointing the black menace at a paper target. I had noticed that the previous owner had fitted a trigger shoe and as I strained my finger attempting to fire the beast I knew why-jesus that's a heavy trigger. After a brief trip indoors to devour 3 Weetabix I lined her up again and took up the strain-what followed was enough noise to drown out my Ducati and make anyone local's ears bleed-helping my lad up from behind the dustbins I suggested, thru ringing ears, that we may have a leaking O ring (oddly enough my son suggested that he may be suffering a similar fate) but closer inspection revealed no such fault. This must be one of the loudest Airguns on the market-so much for the idiot tester on youtube who suggested that the gun doesn't really need a silencer-it does-and judging by the belch of gas omitted from the barrel, a Catalytic converter might be a wise investment too.

Once the crowds had dispersed ,and I had refused my wife's offer of a couple of Tampons for my ears, we carried on with our test firing session and I must admit that the little black beast has grown on me-it uses more gas than my central heating system does on the coldest day of the year and the noise causes the first world war veterans in the village to have flashbacks but it's an accurate and lovable little horror and clearly a case of a gun that's so bad....that its good :good: .

The trigger will respond very well to a strip, deburr and polish. I have a 2240 - the pistol version of the 2250 - and the trigger on that was also quite heavy and sloppy at first. If you fit a couple of nylon or polished metal washers on either side of the trigger blade to take up any sideways slack, you will end up with a trigger that is as smooth as silk.

You'll definitely need a moderator if you don't want to annoy the neighbours. You can get them with a front sight built-in if you still want to use open sights. Otherwise, an ordinary 10mm adapter works fine.