pcp with high shot count

eddoakley

Looking for a single shot pcp with a high shot count. Not bothered about make or calibre. Needs to be easy to use, preferably lightweight and hopefully not expensive but the shot count is most important.

what can the pw airgun guys recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Edd

Got to be a buddy bottle gun really mate if you want to really push the shot count but you are probably looking at magazine fed with an adaptor for single shot.

You dont mention budget but BSA R10 mk2, Daystate Ranger, Airwolf, Wolverine B+C type, spring to mind initially, all kicking out over 200 shots per charge. Old school Theoben Rapid, BSA super 10 also put out some high shot counts as well.

Edited by Zetter

Got to be a buddy bottle gun really mate if you want to really push the shot count but you are probably looking at magazine fed with an adaptor for single shot.

You dont mention budget but BSA R10 mk2, Daystate Ranger, Airwolf, Wolverine B+C type, spring to mind initially, all kicking out over 200 shots per charge. Old school Theoben Rapid, BSA super 10 also put out some high shot counts as well.

But they are all multishot and he is asking for a single shot , can a single shot tray be brougt for any of them ?

But they are all multishot and he is asking for a single shot , can a single shot tray be brougt for any of them ?

All the daystates either come with a single shot adaptor or you can buy one for it, the same with the BSA. Pretty sure Rapids can be single loaded.

The problem will be weight vs shot count. Buddy bottles really put the weight up on a rifle, so you're not going to get something that's really light. By the sounds of it, a BSA R10 would be a good bet. They're not Daystate money or weight. They only have a 200cc bottle compared to the Daystate's 4/5/600cc bottles, but that keeps the weight down. You'd then need to get a single shot adapter, but that's easily done. If cal. isn't important, then go for a .22 as you will get more shots per charge. 225 shots per charge, although if you get the reg changed to a tench/huma, that'd go up to the 250ish mark

can I ask why you need a high shot count ? and why is it so important ?

judging by what you say , you are going to find it difficult to find a high shot count light rifle but when you say high shot count do you mean 80+ ?

by the sound of it by what you have said then a bsa r10 mk2 or a Daystate huntsman classic sounds right up your street, if you want something that pushes shot count to the limit then an Daystate Airwolf mct would do that but they are not light but you will get 350 shots+ also they are not cheap, ALL the above named rifles will work single shot with an added adapter.

one rifle I have been very impressed with for lightness and accuracy has been the BSA ultra SE, they are a cracking light rifle and will shoot more rabbits ( if that's what you need it for ) than you can ever carry,

it basically boils down to what budget you have and how many shots is required per fill,if you give us lot on pw a better clue as to what you require and what for then I,m sure we could steer you in the right direction

atb Evo

Edited by evo

can I ask why you need a high shot count ? and why is it so important ?

judging by what you say , you are going to find it difficult to find a high shot count light rifle but when you say high shot count do you mean 80+ ?

by the sound of it by what you have said then a bsa r10 mk2 or a Daystate huntsman classic sounds right up your street, if you want something that pushes shot count to the limit then an Daystate Airwolf mct would do that but they are not light but you will get 350 shots+ also they are not cheap, ALL the above named rifles will work single shot with an added adapter.

one rifle I have been very impressed with for lightness and accuracy has been the BSA ultra SE, they are a cracking light rifle and will shoot more rabbits ( if that's what you need it for ) than you can ever carry,

it basically boils down to what budget you have and how many shots is required per fill,if you give us lot on pw a better clue as to what you require and what for then I,m sure we could steer you in the right direction

atb Evo

Thanks Evo. And everyone else.

The situation is that my feo has asked my 85 year old grandfather to surrender his sgc and has asked him to withdraw his renewal for his fac. They want a medical report which is arranged for a couple of weeks time. I think they should have issued temporary permits pending the paperwork but thats another story.

If he decides he can't be bothered to put in a new application I would like him to have something decent to replace his cz .22lr. I will have to fill it so don't want to be doing that too often hence looking for a decent shot count. Single shot is just less fiddly for him.

Not really wanting to spend daystate money and don't need "maximum" shot count just decent.

lightweight is obviously just to make it easier for him and more comparable to the lr

Hope that helps to get more info.

cheers

Edd

My Logun solo 177 does up to 150 shots per fill.

Inexpensive, lightweight and very accurate.

It comes as a single shot (as the name suggests), but I have fitted mine with a non-fiddly, 10 shot magazine

Edited by amateur

mole, I found the rotex r8 a front end heavy gun,

reading what he has just replied then I think an Air Arms s400 would be perfect for the job required, its single shot and not a bad shot count either, also its certainly stood the test of time, a superb little rifle and they can be picked up pretty cheapish

mole, I found the rotex r8 a front end heavy gun,

reading what he has just replied then I think an Air Arms s400 would be perfect for the job required, its single shot and not a bad shot count either, also its certainly stood the test of time, a superb little rifle and they can be picked up pretty cheapish

It's a heavy gun all round. It's 300g heavier than the Wolverine B-Type, which is no feather-weight!

If l'm getting the gist correctly the user is going to be an 85 yo gent .. the weight issue might be more a concern then shot count?

Consider a Brocock Contour. Accurate and consistant. Used a mates Brocock and was pleasantly surprised. Very light and maneuverable, UK made. Can be picked up secondhand at a reasonable price .. worth a look me thinks.

• 2 weeks later...

i have a falcom FN!2 single shot in .177

i really dont know how many shots I get out of it before I charge

tend to just top it up when I remember

the FN18 has a bigger bottle

touching holes at 33yds with bisley magnums and a cheap 4x32 scope!

cost me £300 all in with a pump