North wales range day out anyone.

Albert 888

OK guys and girls, anyone from are neck of the woods fancy a trip out to a rifle range.

Diggle

Wern ddu 100m

Minsterley ranges 100m

Orion 50m-1600m? Steel reactive targets looks good but costly and would be better week days to keep the costs down.

Or anywhere else.

Put your names on this thread and we will see if we can sort something out.

Ps I'm not great at organising so feel free to take over. I work shifts so my days off vary same for rallyruss .

Obviously fac, no Richard Edwards or cowboys,as I have a reputation to keep.

Albert888

Rallyruss?

Cheers Albert.

Edited by Albert 888

Diggle, orion and wms are looking good. Spoke to a chap who thoroughly enjoyed orion. Think you just need a fac with relevant conditions looking at the Websites,Ie zeroing on land which you have permission to shoot.

Im up for it. Prefer over 300 though. I am pondering over one of the ranges in Wales. Orion and WMS, wluld like some feed back please if anyone has been.

I would like to have a go past 300 also, I only really shoot 25yrd,100m and 300m.

Me, not too fussed on budget, but might need to look at B&B too and make a day of it i think. To be honest as long as I get something from it, as in, I am able to get some notes onto paper as far as drops are concerned I am not too bothered. Its funny that this post came up when it did as I was having a chat to the good lady the other day about about me missing 6inch gongs at 600 yards, when i was hitting them just a few weeks previous at further. (I twiddle too much i know) I mentioned about this place and said I must go some time.

I looked at a 1 to 1 but £600 I thought was over my budget.

Its a different sort of thing. I am after some improvement and tuition on longer range stuff out to 600 / 700yards +

oh right..

Are shoots on at Catton?,How far can you shoot at garlands. I pay £60 membership a year and £4 each range day 100-300m.

not until march time now unfortunately garlands shoots out to 200ish

Orion, wms and Diggle are what I'm looking for. I'm wanting to test the 308 out futher. As said I only do 100 and 300m,I'm happy shooting prone, as I do freehand sitting and sticks at other ranges. I need to go with someone who is a little more advanced than myself to learn a bit hopefully.

Orion, wms and Diggle are what I'm looking for. I'm wanting to test the 308 out futher. As said I only do 100 and 300m,I'm happy shooting prone, as I do freehand sitting and sticks at other ranges. I need to go with someone who is a little more advanced than myself to learn a bit hopefully.

Thats what I need to :good: So Albert if nothing does come of our get together here on PW, then please bear me in mind, there's nothing to stop me getting out shooting apart from work, and if I can I manage to get out of that if i can. :yes:

Thats what I need to :good: So Albert if nothing does come of our get together here on PW, then please bear me in mind, there's nothing to stop me getting out shooting apart from work, and if I can I manage to get out of that if i can. :yes:

Ok dougy I'm sure we can sort something out I'm due 18 days off as from the 27th of this month. I can ask about Altcar, but that will be paper punching,a couple of guys I shoot with go.

You cannot just rock up and shoot at Diggle.

Orian and WMS give prices on their web site but can't seem to find a definite price for Diggle. They seem to be open to me as I have restrictions on my FAC and would like to try at some longer distance with my 223. Darran.

Diggle say on their website that

"Day visitors holding an FAC are welcome and a £15 range fee is payable, which entitles the user to shoot on any of our ranges subject to safety constraints"

Darran, if your FAC is 'target only' with the restriction mentioning ranges with 'appropriate insurance in place' or words to that extent, then yes, you can shoot at Diggle.

Diggle say on their website that

"Day visitors holding an FAC are welcome and a £15 range fee is payable, which entitles the user to shoot on any of our ranges subject to safety constraints"

Darran, if your FAC is 'target only' with the restriction mentioning ranges with 'appropriate insurance in place' or words to that extent, then yes, you can shoot at Diggle.

Hello Rob. Yes that applies to me so I can only shoot at a few grounds. Thanks. Darran.

Darron,

what I would do just out of pure courteousness is give them a ring some time before, or drop them an email asking them the procedure. The chaps there are quite helpful, and extremely knowledgeable.

There are drink making facilities sweets and stuff there, you may need to drop a little money into the drinks fund though. But just to turn up on a day may not be fruitful. you need the presence of a range officer at least.

Darron,

what I would do just out of pure courteousness is give them a ring some time before, or drop them an email asking them the procedure. The chaps there are quite helpful, and extremely knowledgeable.

There are drink making facilities sweets and stuff there, you may need to drop a little money into the drinks fund though. But just to turn up on a day may not be fruitful. you need the presence of a range officer at least.

Absolutely Dougy I would not turn up without contacting them but I wanted miliscer to explain his nice post. Darran.

Absolutely Dougy I would not turn up without contacting them but I wanted miliscer to explain his nice post. Darran.

I simply pointed out that you cannot just rock up and shoot - not difficult to understand is it?

If you take the time to read their website or ring them, you will find that you will have to shoot whatever discipline/range is going on that day - so as an example if they are shooting 900 F class and 300 Benchrest that day -those are the distances you will have to shoot.You will not be able to turn up and shoot at whatever distances suits you, it is not like a clay range.

Oh and as for the delay in my reply - some of us have lives and don't live on a computer and some of us actually go shooting as opposed to talking about it.

Edited by MiLisCer