Big Bag

Old Boggy

Unfortunately not an account of a large haul of pigeons made by yours truly, neither is it a reference to any sort of testiular abnormality, but some advice needed please.

I have got myself a large cap a la JDog, have grown a large tash, even tried speaking with a Norfolk twang, but still unable to shoot more than 30 or so pigeons during each session.

What am I doing wrong ?

Any advice gratefully received.

Divest yourself of the aforementioned items.

PC has not shot a pigeon for months so there's no point in turning into a second 'supertash', I have not shot any for a while and my cap has been of no assistance, and Motty calls in all of his mates to help him out with his shooting.

Instead get yourself a steveyg hair cut or a Pickerup Landrover or a Michael from North Yorkshire imagination.

Edited by JDog

PC has not shot a pigeon for months so there's no point in turning into a second 'supertash', I have not shot any for a while and my cap has been of no assistance, and Motty calls in all of his mates to help him out with his shooting.

Instead get yourself a steveyg hair cut or a Pickerup Landrover or a Michael from North Yorkshire imagination.

:lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

PC has not shot a pigeon for months, I have not shot any for a while, and Motty makes up stories about his achievements.

Many thanks for the suggestions.

Unfortunately, whilst my imagination is quite vivid, it is easily surpassed by Michael's, so will not go down the route of having a similar slim grip on reality.

Unfortunately not an account of a large haul of pigeons made by yours truly, neither is it a reference to any sort of testiular abnormality, but some advice needed please.

I have got myself a large cap a la JDog, have grown a large tash, even tried speaking with a Norfolk twang, but still unable to shoot more than 30 or so pigeons during each session.

What am I doing wrong ?

Any advice gratefully received.

You may be doing nothing wrong. It is perfectly possible that you are making the most of the opportunities that are presented.

A few questions. Whereabouts in the world are you? How experienced are you? Do you hit more pigeons than you miss?

I love your sense of humour , even during days of doom and gloom and the problems your having at the moment finding pigeons ,you still keep a smile on your face , keep you a looking boy and things will work out just fine , beans will be next on the agenda , if your got any that is. :good:

You may be doing nothing wrong. It is perfectly possible that you are making the most of the opportunities that are presented.

A few questions. Whereabouts in the world are you? How experienced are you? Do you hit more pigeons than you miss?

I am not at all complaining about the numbers of pigeons that I shoot, as due to my domestic circumstances, I generally only go out for no longer than four hours at a time so I am quite content in returning with just 30 or so and in doing so also think that I maximise on the opportunities available. My post was my very feeble attempt at some form of humour but perhaps this went undetected. I greatly admire those on here that return good bags on a regular basis and very much enjoy reading their posts.

With regards to your other questions, I live in Kent, regard myself as an enthusiastic pigeon shooter, (although my wife calls it an obsession), have been shooting for over 50 years, and whilst I do not regard myself as experienced in pigeon decoying as many on here, I do learn something new on every occasion.

Do I hit more pigeons than I miss ? On an easy day decoying - yes, but roost shooting or flighting in strong winds - no, but then who does in all honesty ?

To recap, I don't think that I am doing much wrong, but large bags are not my sole expectation, but should a 100 day present itself, I wouldn't complain.

I do however applaud those who, like PC on here, regularly shoot 100+ bags, but clearly they put in the reconnaissance and miles to achieve such outstanding bags, as well as the ability to shoot straight.