Sold my van to a Republic of Ireland resident?

Albert 888

I'd fill it in....unless you want a new hobby of disputing motoring offences in court.

No proof otherwise that you've parted company with it.

And photocopy it before you send it off and ask for proof of posting.

My mate is a car trader and he always does this.

He once sold a car to some Gypsy types and they set off every speed camera on the A1 from leeds to london.

• 4 months later...

Photo copy THEIR driving licence or passport too, so you have proof of WHO you sold it to

Good luck getting someone to do that! If some random bloke I was buying a car off asked for a photocopy of my driving licence it would be no and you can keep the car. There is enough of your personal info out there without giving it to unknowns. Next thing you know you have 10K in loans you know nothing about and half a dozen mobile phone contracts!

I sold a car to an Irish speaking man about 18 years back three weeks later had a knock at the door local plod , asked were the car was told them what I'd done and sold it , cut story short it had been seen in murder investigation true story , about two month later knock at the door again different police force I said I know what this is for told them the story no was the answer from them , been seen around a army barracks suspiciously true story's one car I didn't send log book in