I hate harvest

Dr D

Strong words I know. But I hate the rush to get on a field. Twice in the last 5 days I have seen fields cut that had real potential. Within 24 hours the tshirt brigade were on them and ruined it. What do you do? The sooner the duck and game season get here the better. Any thoughts? I could see by it if they got a bag full. But they don't they just blast away at anything that crosses the boundary of the field. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Unfortunately that's just the way it goes.

Unfortunately it is. But its definitely got much worse this year round of these parts

Hi

So sorry your frustrated just put it down to a bad day and hope for a better one tomorrow

Not sure what the Tshirt brigade is though ?

Are they a bit like the balloons that shoot semi tame long tailed chickens ?

Have a good day tomorrow

Atb

No. Those boys disappear when pheasants start. But at least they can shoot straight. This is a totally different category. I don't really mind the first lot. In fact I don't mind watching someone who knows what they doing. I'm talking here about the idiots that blast away. Leave empties behind that I clean up and leave birds lying. Your bound to have come across the odd one?

Of

Bear in mind some have health or mobility issues with regard to cold wet weather. We're not all spring chickens lol.

I know few of those too. I don't think they would fit into the balloon category. In fact one gentleman I know quite well has shot more pigeons than I could ever hope to. Roll on Saturday again

I have experience of it even out here in east Norfolk , the combine had barely cooled down when someone turned up in a jaguar, set up on a permission I've looked after for the past five years, ( he knows the farmer ) and took 44 shots to kill 3 pigeons,

At least he didn't kill all the birds but lord knows how many died later from injuries suffered in this barrage of shots, and then of course there is the time it takes for the rest of the pigeon population to pluck up courage to return to this small farm, no wonder they are very nervous and suspicious when approaching decoys.

I've been a dedicated pigeon shooter for the last 50 years but this year I fancy a change so I am looking forward to the wildfowl season as its my first time ' on the marshes ' cant wait, thought I would try it , Ive been doing lots of swatting up on you tube, :yes::yes: