made my own tenterfield fox whistle

andrew f

made my own after watching a video on youtube here's the link if you want to have a go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEz7XK2htE8

Decide I would try it out this morning grabbed my 308 and headed off down the road to a perm where I had shot two cubs.

I setup on top of a pill box and started call.

IMG_00261_zpste16oxrv.jpg

Didn't take long for this Vixen to appear charging up the middle of the field gave a oi and stopped her at 60 paces squeezed the trigger down she went.

IMG_00271_zpsqj8qokdm.jpg

Thought I would try my luck somewhere else and setup on a water tower nothing appeared :unhappy:

IMG_00281_zpssehmcoxj.jpg

Thanks for reading Andrew

Well done, it's nice to call them in

I was in your area the other day, you have some deer numbers around there don't you.... lucky fella.

Mostly roe down my end with the odd fallow herd running around sika and red don't seem to get foothold before someone shoots them

Neat. Good photos. 60 yds. What cal?

308 Don't use my 243 much anymore more of a heirloom if anything now :lol: plus I would get a ear full if I damaged it

Nice calling Andrew, its certainly nice round that area, some nice solid hight seats you have there too :lol: Not very portable though.

I practice using the tenterfield call while I am driving to work and back and on the way shooting, I must say I have improved with practice and managed to call in 3 over the last week, I have a small mouse squeal also tied to the same lanyard so when they get a bit closer I can coax them in with the smaller call.

Nice calling Andrew, its certainly nice round that area, some nice solid hight seats you have there too :lol: Not very portable though.

I practice using the tenterfield call while I am driving to work and back and on the way shooting, I must say I have improved with practice and managed to call in 3 over the last week, I have a small mouse squeal also tied to the same lanyard so when they get a bit closer I can coax them in with the smaller call.

water tower is my favourite saves me walking to far when deer stalking