Restore .22 rimfire PISTOL to Section 1 petition!!!

fabpeter

We (speaking as a representative of firearms uk) have run at least one of these petitions which have been heavily publicized online, through new media, through basc and the countryside alliance online and in their respective magazines reaching out to hundreds of thousands of people as well as devoting a huge amount of our personal time contacting clubs and lobbying mp's while the response to these petitions are generally improving over time the real issue is about bringing together shooting sportsmen of all kinds to support each other.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done, took all of a few minutes.

If you enjoy shooting then it shouldn't matter which discipline you enjoy, you should support the petition because it strengthens shooting in general.

You would think that with the membership of the British shooting associations then it should be easy to force a parliamentary debate.

I wish you the best of luck and I would request that all the shooting associations send out the petition to their membership.

Do people not remember how much fun pistol shooting was!

Only way I can see to get this to the max is to Email the link to family and friends, whether shooters or not, any forums/organisations etc.

100,000 is a tall order, but with the number of shooters from the various disciplines out there, IF we all pull together, its got to be possible!

This is not my petition BTW, but I have been very disappointed with the response to previous petitions, I just thought I'd shout it out!

Peter. :)

a few other ideas.Could have stalls at the entrance to every game fair and clay shooting centre in the country and get folks to put pen to paper,plus magazines like gunmart etc could have a printed slip you fill in and post off.circulate slips at gun clubs for people and their families to fill in.Basc and other organisations could do the same.

I've been shooting them regularly for the last decade, the novelty soon wears off.

If I didnt have to do it for work then I wouldnt ever bother.

I wouldn't call it a novelty, just like i wouldn't call shooting clays or any other type of shooting a novelty Its just another shooting discipline, that some will enjoy and some won't. Like you I have being shooting handguns for years and still enjoy it, just like i enjoy shooting clays etc. I asume you enjoy some types of shooting that others might find boring.

Before you start to flame me I am a supporter of others shooting pistols even though I choose not to do it without getting paid for it.

I just commented that I dont find shooting pistols fun after someone stated that they did and then you commented on why I found it boring and then posted a video.

To be honest I dont want a pigeon watch witch hunt against me on here as I rarely post as I just joined to read a few of the wildfowling posts and ask a few questions.

Edited by storm in a teacup

Before you start to flame me I am a supporter of others shooting pistols even though I choose not to do it without getting paid for it.

I just commented that I dont find shooting pistols fun after someone stated that they did and then you commented on why I found it boring and then posted a video.

I know you said you signed the petition. You didn't say you you did not find shooting pistols fun, but that you couldn't think of anything more boring. Thats fine i was just pointing out that others do and find it fun, no witch hunt intended.

Done. I was #1559. I will ask loads of other shooters that I know to sign the petition. Some people don't like to get involved with anything which involves putting their name or personal information down as they feel that they have been put on a list. (Don't tell them Pike). This is where the shooting organisations should be taking the lead. This is some of the reason why I am not in basc anymore because they are a waste of time. They don't get to grips with the things that they should be doing and being a complete thorn in the side of government. Look what Joanna Lumley did for the Ghurkas. Single handedly took the government to task over it and beat them into a shamed submission. The woman should have been given a medal or something. Showing bravery and fearlessness in the face of the enemy. Not like basc. Don't rock the boat chaps or we won't be invited to tea and sandwiches anymore. Lilly livered bunch.