SMK air rifles

welshwarrior

I guess your budget picks the gun.

XS15 is ok for plinking @ £70. Slightly more powerful, and about a tenner more is the XS12.

XS36 is a decent full power underlever, available for less than £100 or the XS19 break barrel for £113.

XS38 is my choice of springer, costs around £120.

Most of my experience with SMK has been C02. They are generally 'OK' but do benefit from fettling.

Take a look at Woodfield Gun Care. My dealings with Will have been pretty good.

I'm looking for a couple of air rifles, they need to be SMK or Remington for personal reasons.

1 entry level plinker

2 first air rifle for cheap no frills pest control.

I have a couple of new smk co2 things, cant remember the model and some smk syntargs if they are any good?

Edd

Xs 19 is a good rifle and so is the xs38 I prefer the 19 as its lighter and a bit more easier to point at targets from hides and you can fit a mod to it aswell !

both accurate with the right pellets I still use both which are in .22 out to 45 yards .

I did strip both down to remove all the swarf from in side re lube and thats it never had any problems with either good solid rifles .

xs78 is a good plinker and good pest control gun pretty much straight out the box and can be made awesome if you are so inclined.

if you want a proper kiddy plinker get an smk xs15 they are cheap and surprisingly good it was one of my first air guns years ago and i still have it, in fact i just put it in a grown up stock so i can carry on using it.

the xs38 or 38 custom delux are accurate and powerfull so there is potential but they are heavy usually require some work, and the trigger is a massive let down to an otherwise good gun.

the B2 i have owned quite a few just as passing fancies and every single one has been poor, i only really have safe shooting at 40 yards on my little garden range and you may as well throw pebbles IMO but other people rave about their value for money so perhaps i have been unlucky.