Lancashire Firearms Dept - Well Done!!!

ghosthunter

Crawler! :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously though, it's nice when you feel that you are receiving good service in'it.

I'll take this opportunity to mention the good service that I get from the West Yorks Firearms team who also manage variations in about 3 weeks or sometimes less.

Hope that you enjoy your new acquisitions,

ATB, Peter. :)

Edited by fabpeter

What we really need is competition. When everything is on a national police database, then why on earth the fast, efficient forces can't be allowed to take on additional work from the slow, inefficient ones is beyond me.

That, or financial penalties for forces who take longer than ...say, 3 months ... to process simple variations, renewals, applications, even land clearance !

Essex had better watch out then. 5 months for a variation last time I enquired from an RFD and 9 months for a grant. They certainly cash your cheque quickly though! So much for increasing the fees and improving the service!

About the same in Kent. I know of one application for renewal that has been in for over 6 months and you cant even talk to the department. they don't take calls. You can leave a voice mail but it doesn't get any reply. So who is responsible for this mess? surely this is where any shooting org should be rattling cages and some sort of inquiry set up but that isn't likely to happen.

About the same in Kent. I know of one application for renewal that has been in for over 6 months and you cant even talk to the department. they don't take calls. You can leave a voice mail but it doesn't get any reply. So who is responsible for this mess? surely this is where any shooting org should be rattling cages and some sort of inquiry set up but that isn't likely to happen.

Strange? I got a call back within the hour when I phoned them a few weeks ago.

Strange? I got a call back within the hour when I phoned them a few weeks ago.

The first time I rang I was put through and spoke to a human being >> No probs. This was about seven or eight weeks ago. A few days later I rang to ask another question and was told that they no longer took incoming calls bit that I could leave a voicemail and that they would call me back. No call back occurred and I then rang again and I was told to contact my FEO. I asked who that was and for a contact number and I was told that they weren't sure who it was. I did find out eventually, rang the guy who was very nice and helpful. My application has been in for about a month and a half and I haven't heard anything. No doubt they will contact me at some stage. I know of one club that has had a certificate out for months and they cant speak to anyone and no voicemail call back.

I don’t get this call back business. How can it be more efficient to listen to a message and then call the person to go all over it with them? It must be quicker to have someone pick up the phone and speak to them straight away unless it is the stress of people ranting down the phone at them.