New Shooting Magazine

There's a new shooting magazine due out on the 16th September called 'Rifle Shooter'. The cover price is £4.35, 6 issues for £6.00, or 12 issues for £35.00 by dd.

Here's the blog:

Rifle Shooter is an all-new shooting magazine featuring the UK's leading rifle experts, which will set new benchmarks for design, editorial and stunning photography. It will feature the most exciting rifle hunts at home and abroad, as well as articles on fox control, rimfires and long-range shooting. There will be in-depth tests and reviews on all the latest guns, optics, ammo and accessories.

I was thinking about that you know. I have negatively reviewed several products over the last five years and it never seems to bother the advertisers, only people who have actually bought the item and 'strongly disagree'. Few products are outright raspberries but personal choice of buyers involves ego and sadly, some products punish those who have less ability to get the best from them than others.

We men couldnt possibly admit that a product that we have bought is not up to the job...that would imply we had made a mistake. We all know that we dont make mistakes (or is that just me?) :)

The UK's best new rifle shooting magazine!!!

How many are there. With each new wave of magazine the journalists get younger and appear to be journalists writing about shooting than guns writing about something they enjoy.

For £6 for 6, I'll have a butchers ?

Thanks .

John

Or we could start a conversation about tinternet and magazines?

Just another magazine spouting off all the spouting we have seen spouted in all the other spouting magazines . It will be as boring and repetitive as all the spouting mags we have all read in the past .

Harnser

I have quick look at the Shooting Times in Tescos most weeks and it is very rare I see enough of interest to make me buy a copy , and like you say if you look in a different shooting mag in a few weeks time you will see the same article .

Guest rimotu66

Just another magazine spouting off all the spouting we have seen spouted in all the other spouting magazines . It will be as boring and repetitive as all the spouting mags we have all read in the past .

Harnser

:lol::good:

• 3 weeks later...

Harnser

Received my copy today and have to say, there was little enlightening or of much interest but they have tried with a few articles and it has tried to be of broad brush interest but, I hate to say it...without really succeeding imho. No really in depth articles and nothing really new, just a re-hash of what you can get in other mags. More for the novice than the experienced shot, and reads too much like a flick through advertising banner than a magazine of interest.

• 2 weeks later...

A few interesting articles for me but being a rimfire shooter this issue was a bit too heavily weighted towards deer stalking for me.

I will see what the next couple of issues bring but I would have liked to have seen a few more review of some lower end kit and also some more stuff on target shooting as well.

Wonder if this one will ever review a product and conclude that it's useless.

Never really seen it in over 50 years of looking. Probably for fear of upsetting potential advertising revenue. You might guess that the review is part of an advertising package.

Thats one of the reasons I very rarely buy shooting mags these days.

A

After my initial reading of this magazine, I can't honestly say that I'm that impressed with it. I have the '6 for £6 offer, so will decide at the end if it's worth taking out the 12 month subscription. I used to have quite a lot of shooting magazines on DD, but cancelled a few through being repetitive etc.

Never really seen it in over 50 years of looking. Probably for fear of upsetting potential advertising revenue. You might guess that the review is part of an advertising package.

Thats one of the reasons I very rarely buy shooting mags these days.

A

Same here. I don't even remember most of them.... Having read lots of different shooting magazines over the years, Your post sums them up a treat....

After my initial reading of this magazine, I can't honestly say that I'm that impressed with it. I have the '6 for £6 offer, so will decide at the end if it's worth taking out the 12 month subscription. I used to have quite a lot of shooting magazines on DD, but cancelled a few through being repetitive etc.

A further 'in depth' read of this magazine, and I'm a little bit disappointed with it. It has 35 pages of advertising for a start. I will stay with it for the first six issues, and then decide whether to further subscribe or not.

A further 'in depth' read of this magazine, and I'm a little bit disappointed with it. It has 35 pages of advertising for a start. I will stay with it for the first six issues, and then decide whether to further subscribe or not.

I imagine that the English rugby fans will have more time to read it then us Steve :lol: