Shooting on Sunday

Velocette

Nothing worse than shooting on Sunday, I'm totally against it.

I believe that one should respect a Sunday for what it is, I only feed stock on a Sunday and never, ever operate any machinery or do any field work. Never heard a shot round here on a Sunday and hope I never do.

`what's so special about sundays???

or he is a traditionalist that thinks everyone should have a day off including animals

Yes I agree they should have a day off , xmas day .

He would also think differently if he worked all day 6 days a week , I am fortunate to be able to go shooting quite regular many are not , if they want to shoot on a Sunday good luck to them I don't see why anyone would begrudge a hard working man / woman from going shooting on their day off.

Edited by fenboy

Charlie T is obviously from a time when society held a different set of values, some may agree or disagree with them. But fenboy and Andrew f tell you all you need to know about modern society, if you don't agree with someone just mock and ridicule them.

if my comment came out like that I think you misunderstood I was stating that he is following the old ways nothing more nothing less. Did I insult him no did I say he's living in a dream world no Edited by andrew f

Nothing worse than shooting on Sunday, I'm totally against it.

I believe that one should respect a Sunday for what it is, I only feed stock on a Sunday and never, ever operate any machinery or do any field work. Never heard a shot round here on a Sunday and hope I never do.

Charlie,

It's beginning to look as though we should have stayed in the last century - even possibly the previous one.

Im finding it hard to see why people are taking it to heart that some of us shoot Sundays. There are 7 days in the week and most people will work atleast 5 of them, and if like me do extra work on the occasional saturday then that leaves..... Youve guessed it, Sunday.

Whether you chose to or not it shouldnt mean others need to ridicule it. Some people believe not to others dont, its really that simple.

In some parts of Yorkshire we still burn witches on a Sunday,,,,but as they are not on ticket I'll just have to let them fly by.

:lol: good to see a little bit of humour.

As usual some people seem incapable of seeing others points of view and result to childish comments but nothing new there.

Ultimately if we respected others views all of the time none of us would shoot. My feelings are to try and respect other people as much as possible in the pursuit of your chosen shooting. I will shoot at 5.00 a.m (or earlier) as long as the farmer is happy but I will keep as far away from houses as possible. Also I will happily shoot on a Sunday as long as the farmer is happy. I am not a religious person and am aware that the pest species do not take notice of the day of the week. I know of few farmers who will not work on a Sunday, but I also appreciate that there are others who will not work on Sunday and they are are entitled to their views like the rest of us.

Thanks for all the views,,,I had a word with the landowner today and agreed that Sunday will be a non shooting day. I realise that I do have the luxury of shooting midweek which others may not be able to manage but we feel that leaving things for one day is not that significant in the scheme of things.

We shoot on a Sunday occasionally. No opposition from the farmer or farmers roundabout. Many times of the year they are working on a Sunday anyway, harvesting or ploughing in our area which is not a hotbed of dairy or livestock farming anyway. We even have a campsite on the farm and a public footpath running through the fields. This is a working farm in a wider working environment.

Clay pigeon clubs all around the county and many within earshot of our farm. All blazing away from 10.00 - 4.00 some days.

Times have changed. Many industries and professions work on a weekend and increasingly so on Sundays and there is a call for fuller cover in many professions eg healthcare. Those that work on a weekend usually get time off during the week. Do you spare a thought for those hardworkers trying to rest during the week - I doubt it or for night shift workers? This is now a secular country rather than a religious one and Sunday is just another day. I can remember a time when many office workers for example went to work on a Saturday morning and in England I've even worked New Years Day before it became a bank holiday.

A small syndicate I was in a few years ago had a meeting the farms wife said no shooting on a Sunday we told her the pigeons don't have a day of but aderment no shooting . Next thing the farms on the phone loads of pigeons on my barley fields can You shoot them no was reploy your wife stated no shooting on a Sunday she soon changed her mind.case rested

Clay shooting (regular club fixtures with set start and finish times) on a Sunday and that's about it for me. I have never been asked to stay away on a Sunday, but my permission has houses nearby so out of respect for the neighbours (not fear of antis) I do not shoot there that day- it's just the way I was brought up. The way I think of it is yes, I could legally shoot there but how would I like it if next door started cutting bricks with an angle grinder at 8am on my day off?

If you are not going to bother anyone with noise crack on, otherwise try and pick another day (not always possible I know). Some people might not care what anyone else thinks of them but I must be a bit old fashioned like that.

Just my tuppence worth.