Lincolnshire Police - Renewals

kaunda

• 3 weeks later...

My nephew applied for his first SGC about 3 months ago and he has just had his cabinet checked ( by G4 ),who didnt seem to know what he was talking about, My nephew is a farm engineer who has been involved in shooting party organisation for years but has just decided to have a go at the pigeons for his boss who farms 6000 acres, hes well clued up on all things shooting but told me the G4 man was a bit confused over his answers,perhaps it was his lincolnshire accent ooooh arrrr. ( sorry ). anyway he phoned to ask after the certificate and was told, "just wait , we are very busy, it could be a while " ooh ner mine aye, be ear promt like ???:yahoo::yahoo: .

I called Lincs Police every week for 3 months, I was told my SGC had been issued, then I was told I was waiting on Vetting (Which I most certainly wasn't, as I had passed that stage 6 months earlier), I was told I needed a visit, (which I didn't as my shotgun would be stored in a central armour holding Sect 5 weapons) then I was told I had been sent it through the post. In the end I complained and met up with the FEO and he handed it over.

Start to finish it took me 10 months from first application, which is outrageous considering i didn't need a visit and I have absolutely no criminal history or intelligence held on me.

Guest rimotu66

I think this needs to be pinned, surely BASC or NGO should take this up, not acceptable at all.

Conspiracy theory, Government plan to reduce LEGALLY owned guns to keep Lefty tree huggers happy?

Edited by rimotu66

I think this needs to be pinned, surely BASC or NGO should take this up, not acceptable at all.

Conspiracy theory, Government plan to reduce LEGALLY owned guns to keep Lefty tree huggers happy?

I don't think its a ploy to reduce legally owned guns, I think its far more likely that the police just do not think firearms licensing is a priority and as such the whole process takes far too long.

Guest rimotu66

I don't think its a ploy to reduce legally owned guns, I think its far more likely that the police just do not think firearms licensing is a priority and as such the whole process takes far too long.

Sorry I don't agree, Firearms licensing is and should always be a priority especially when you consider this is potentially leaving law abiding persons without current and up to date licences.

Sorry I don't agree, Firearms licensing is and should always be a priority especially when you consider this is potentially leaving law abiding persons without current and up to date licences.

I never said i agreed, just that i think its down to the incompetent management of the police who place firearms licensing at the bottom of the pile. In truth with budget cuts could we expect anything else. To shooters its important, to the police its really not, its just a burden and another job that takes staff away from elsewhere. its not right, but its just the way it is

I applied early feb 2015 for coterminous grant. I was in contact with department every couple of weeks for progress as I was concerned about the then proposed price increase being introduced in April. It took 4 weeks for them to cash my cheque, 11 weeks for FEO visit and check cabinet. Visit went very quick and seemed happy. He asked if I was going to buy all I had asked for in 2 years but I said maybe but definetly within 5 (ie before renewal). Eventually my certs came through after 17 1/2 weeks. I was also told at several different points I was waiting on checks, then told they had been done only to be told waiting on checks again. According to them right upto day before my certs were issued there was no notes on my file and it took 3 weeks for FEOs report to appear on my file following visit. I did contact Deputy PCC who replied apologising and claiming to try and sort something but nothing ever came of it. I just made sure my application was completed fully, neatly and no issues. Also helped to know the facts of the firearms act before I started for when engaging in conversation with them. I ended up getting everything I asked for. Even stuff I was told by many I wouldn't get on first application. Overall G4s could have been quicker and more efficient but mine was processed correctly with no mistakes unlike others I have seen such as Recieving certs not signed by police so useless.