Winchester X3

hoggysreels

Bare in mind that if some of the older berettas such as your 391 were still being made and were selling at the same price as the SX3 then there would be a awful lot of people shooting them and saying how great they are .

Winchester SX3's are popular because they offer good performance at a reasonable price , add to that fact the current crop of Beretta autos seem to have taken a dive in quality ( much as their O/Us have)

The SX3 is currently filling a nice gap in the market between the lower end guns and those that cost more but perform no better.

I doubt that Beretta standards have fallen more that the lower cost makers have caught up and sell at much lower prices for the same quality and often with better wood

The big three cannot compete on wood quality as its there main selling point for higher priced guns in their range

My view having shot many semi autos is all those mentioned above are decent quality from reputable manufacturers, I agree that perhaps Browning/Beretta may hold its value marginally better than Winchester but you shouldnt buy on the basis of a financial investment, you should focus on gun fit as your first priority. SX3 is good for me and never missed a beat and ejects everything I put through it without problem.

Edited by rainman_l

Rainman I fully agree, but it might make hoggysreels feel more confident in the purchase he's already made. If the urika he's bought fits well and he shoots well with it, then he should be confident he's got a good buy. The financial side just helps sweeten it a bit!

I doubt that Beretta standards have fallen more that the lower cost makers have caught up and sell at much lower prices for the same quality and often with better wood

The big three cannot compete on wood quality as its there main selling point for higher priced guns in their range

Believe me , Berettas standards have fallen , yes some of the lower priced guns are closing the gap both because they are getting better and Beretta is getting worse.

You won't go wrong with your beretta, plus if you choose to sell it on in the future I think you'll get most of your money back. Not sure you'll be able to say that about an sx3 in a few years.

Actually those who bought them early days will get most of thier money back. Mines done a lot of work on the Marsh so shows a few marks but perfect mechanically I shouldn't get my money back now but should only loose 300 ish for 6 yrs or so

Never expect to get what l paid for something, when l sell later. Having had my use out of it. Be it a shotgun or a car etc. I purchase something because it takes my fancy, and hopefully along the way, puts a smile on my face. Of cause we all want as much as possible back from the original purchase price.

Only reason l happened to ask the question was! .. it crossed my mind that the X3 must be a superior semi auto shotgun, compared to the Urika going by the praise it frequently gets. It pasted through my mind, that l might of been better off having gone for an X3 ... then again l am impressed/content with the Beretta so far. Suppose l was just curious to know what if anything was better about the X3 ...

Edited by hoggysreels

Never expect to get what l paid for something, when l sell later. Having had my use out of it. Be it a shotgun or a car etc. I purchase something because it takes my fancy, and hopefully along the way, puts a smile on my face. Of cause we all want as much as possible back from the original purchase price.

Only reason l happened to ask the question was! .. it crossed my mind that the X3 must be a superior semi auto shotgun, compared to the Urika going by the praise it frequently gets. It pasted through my mind, that l might of been better off having gone for an X3 ... then again l am impressed/content with the Beretta so far. Suppose l was just curious to know what if anything was better about the X3 ...

This basis of the gas op is pretty much as is both these guns are supposed to be well made I should buy which fits and feels best. I picked up an SX3 in Malmo guns about when they came out, went home for my Berretta an traded it - never looked back it suits me and doubt I will sell it period