Clay shooting on a Monday?

JamesMoody3

Well as the title suggests really, got tomorrow off and was wondering if there are any clay grounds open in Hertfordshire on a Monday?

Got a lesson booked with bakerboy next Sunday, but I bought a new gun the other day and I'm itching to go and dirty it up a bit and miss some clays.

Cheers all

Right, I'm gonna have an hour on the clays in Braintree tomorrow then, unless it really is lashing it down. If you do pop down, I'll be the one with the 525 that can't shoot to save my life, with the really grumpy moaning missus complaining she's soaked stood behind me!

Ha ha, and i'll be the one with the Lanber sporter also missing everything in sight...

Oh and i'll also have my brother with me who has never really shot at clays before so it's really a day to just throw some lead around not really hitting anything :'( lol

I wouldn't worry about it mate, I shot at a lesson about 3 weeks ago, but before then hadn't shot clays for about 2 years lol. Bloody painful taking your mum to her first clay lesson and by the end she was hitting more than me lol. BUT, as they say, it's all about having fun, and I promise you if anyone wants a good laugh just come stand behind me and watch haha

I was lucky, it only came down hard when I was on my last 20 or so. Got there just before 10, went over and bought 50 cartridges, then banged through them in about half hour lol, so went and had a coffee and breakfast then went and bought another 50 lol.

To be honest I think I shot alright for me, new browning was a dream to shoot, and I was even hitting pairs toward the end. Had a go at the rabbit stand which I thought I'd be useless at, but was hitting nearly all of them. Thought I'd have a go at the high tower on stand one, could barley see the clays let alone ******* shoot them haha.

All in all I shot way over half, which for me I'm really pleased about. Nice shooting ground to be fair, the woman running it was a lovely lady too. My missus wants me to book her a lesson now, she's seen me and mum shoot now she wants in on the action, going to end up costing me a bloody fortune!

What time did you boys turn up? Was a shame not to have seen you both to say hello

Ahhh you probably finished up as i arrived or just before, we started round about half 11, quickly shot through 100 and decided we were far too wet to enjoy it anymore when there was warmth and tea on offer lol...

I shot shockingly, but for only my 2nd solo time out i'm not expecting much and just enjoying getting out and throwing some lead about, my gun performed flawlessly this time as well which was a real confidence booster :)

I did exactly the same with the tower ha ha ha, launched one off as a 'sighting clay' then walked off thinking i'll save that for later in my shooting career lol

It was really nice up there, not a huge difference in travel time really to here, Essex and A1 (where i have yet to shoot), so opens up my options nicely and that woman was really nice, Sarah i think her name was...

Glad you like your new gun, when i was in the shop the other day i did like the fit/feel of the Brownings compared to the Baretta's, maybe next year once i have learnt how to shoot a bit better i'll treat myself ;) lol

Yeah we must have just missed each other then. Shame really, next time we must say hello. I'm at the A1 on Sunday for a lesson with Terry, and, depending what time the lesson finishes I may pay for another 50 if it's not too busy.

Last time I went it was quite busy, and one of the groups going round were a bit snotty about waiting for the people taking the lessons to finish on the stands, which I can't be dealing with really. I'm there to have fun and learn, not be pestered by someone with his 300 quid shooting glasses trying to rush people lol

Yeah definitely, your only up the road ;)

Yeah i can absolutely relate to that, i have yet to shoot on a weekend and i'm actively avoiding it for the time being, i like to go for a mooch round and a brew in the week when it's quiet and there is nobody hurrying me up or watching miss continuously lol

I'm gonna try to fit in another couple of sessions this month just to get used to my drills and throwing lead in the air then i'll be having a few lessons to try and teach me why i am missing stuff so i can up my hits a little...

I,m really surprised more grounds don't open on Mondays and Tuesdays especially in the summer holidays .

Me and my lad were going to have a round or two this morning but unfortunately all the local grounds are closed on Monday and Tuesday .

I can well understand them restricting opening hours in Winter but Summer ?

Surely making hay while the sun shines is the way to make a few quid which will tide you over during the dark days of winter .