A Few hours out!

wilts 66

Having decided to go out today for first time for ages, gutted to hear the rain hammering down Most of the night and still coming down at 9 am, the wife was going out so I decided to hang on and see what happened. AT 1 PM the rain stopped so loaded the car and headed off to a perm about 20 minutes away hoping to get on some spring barley stubble, nipped in see farmer to let him I was going out and he asked 'have you got a four wheel drive only we have had 2 inches of rain and you won't get very far in your car', plan b, drove to a field that been whole cropped about a month ago, worth a try, anyway I decided to walk about 300 yards and set up on a hedge, very little in the air but nice to be out. Set a horse shoe with 12 shell decoys and 3 crow decoys either side, still little showing until a few jackdaws, rooks and the odd pigeon started to appear, the end result after 4 hours was 12 corvids and 8 pigeons,the highlight being that all 8 pigeons came into the pattern and I didn't miss any of them, as for the rooks, could not believe how I missed so many, possibly the cause being I let them come in to close and rushed my shots, final total 20 mixed for 49 shots but nice to be out.