******* women

Daveo26

We had a female visitor round our house over the weekend, my fathers wife to be exact.

Who hates shooting, is a vegan, you know the sort.

She decided unknown to me to start throwing a tennis ball in the garden for my cheasapeake pup.

As soon as I realised what she was doing I had a non too quiet word and throw the tennis ball in the bin.

"He wouldn't chase it to start with" my heart sank how much damage has she done?

I tried him with a dummy, yep running in, pleasing himself.

Brilliant,

He was steady to a thrown dummy before this episode.

What a ******* **** of a woman thanks a ******* bunch you ******* ******** ******.

Just shows it's not always the owner that messes a dogs training up

Careful how people behave around your dog

A more gentle reasoned approach would have been better.

Last year during a BBQ a friend of Lady JDog's did the same with Jasper. I had a quiet word off camera so to speak at which stage she erupted and told me not to be so condescending. Everyone around the place was then in on the story and I was in bad books.

JDog, quiet or loud we both ended up in the same situation!

I asked her before not to do it, but she has it in her head it's cruel not to play with a dog like that,

Daveboy, only in the legal sense!!!!

Get on with alright normally well we tolerate each other

A more gentle reasoned approach would have been better.

Last year during a BBQ a friend of Lady JDog's did the same with Jasper. I had a quiet word off camera so to speak at which stage she erupted and told me not to be so condescending. Everyone around the place was then in on the story and I was in bad books.

i think women who act like that should be spanked....

Shouldn't take too long to sort out mate they're clever dogs.

As I have found personally, the best bet with this (and many other issues that arise in gun dog training) is not to put the dog in the position where it can happen to begin with.

If some numpty as this or your mrs friends are coming round, put the dog away, another room, or in a kennel is always good (with a good lock).

Keep the numpties away and hopefully avoid the annoyance and arguing. Had same with my parents letting my two run wild, in the end realised I'm banging my head against the wall for nothing! Now they're just pets.

People like that are narrow minded, my mum reckon'd it was cruel to keep my dogs in the kennel and run during the day, They were out first thing in morning, evening and last thing at night. Now I've given up and they are family "pets" they must spend 23 hours a day sat in the house hallway (Which is about same size as the kennel and run area) and be lucky if they have an hours walk when the parent's have time to fit them in. Somehow this is fine, but out three times a day shooting and training then going into a kennel is bad. Tossers!!!

Be nice to her and cook her a meal as an apology, you know what I am saying I think :whistling: that way she might learn to respect the views of others right :yes: . In all fairness its something the likes of us many have to live with, apparently mine likes it when my wife plays chase as he careers round the garden at speed with stuff in his mouth :rolleyes:

You need strategies and so I thought the meal an idea :lol:

I was talking to a man in a butchers shop in Bamburgh whilst on holiday a couple weeks ago. He had a Labrador and Spaniel outside that were perfectly well behaved until people started petting them.

We had exactly the same discussion.

I also have a friend who when he comes round, tries to do the same with my lab. I can't decide whether he is trying to wind me up or whether he just likes playing with the dog and forgets. Either way, I have to change the tone of my voice quite drastically so he understands that I am not kidding.

• 2 weeks later...

I have friends?, some of whom picks up on shoots near here, had play hell with them for contradicting, dog was only 12 months old at the time, I had my dog sat, they thought it was fun to call it up.

told them they were cruel ********* because it was me had to put the dog back on the right track and I certainly was not prepared to have a dog that behaved like theirs.

no damage done, dog was fine,

sometimes it is people who are harder to train