Our little invention(hide)

PIJ1

This is our trailer/winter hide...these pictures were taken on its 1st field test.

since then we have made a few tweaks and minor changes....we used it once so far this summer just to see if it spooked the birds.

for the 1st 15 mins they seemed a little spooked by it but after that I would say that 80% of the birds were unaffected by it.

it seems to work and should be a nice shelter for those colder sessions.

post-75529-0-76530000-1440407671_thumb.jpg

post-75529-0-04841200-1440407731_thumb.jpg

post-75529-0-51053000-1440407738_thumb.jpg

I had one on the continent, that I converted from a double axle horse box trailer.

Made the top foldable, (cut the sides to 1.5 metres, and then a frame with camo tarp over the top). Get to the field and either one side or both sides folded up to the centre. Had a nice bench seat (also foldable) on each side (could be made into a double bed), had a small gas heater and cooker, plus a battery light (charging via the 4x4 hook up) and with the back folded down made a lovely flat out lay down fox shooting platform too.

All painted in camo and with extra nets to drape over once at the field, although if you parked it up alone and left it, the birds just ignored it after a day.

So used to park it up the day before shooting, and then nail them.

Wish I had kept it now, but when I came back, got rid of all my guns and all my shooting equipment, reloading equipment, and hides etc (for a fraction of what they were worth) :(

Edited by Redditch

we got the trailer for the nothing..it was sat in a farmers yard loaded with cows muck...he said if you can empty it you can have it.... cheers

it needed new mudflaps a new floor and some genral body repairs and new bearings.

the net that goes round the trailer is also used for a conventional hide(a big one with a central divider) which is a must if your having a two man hide.

we use another net for the top half of the trailer hide.

the best part of using a trailer is you only ever pack your kit away once not in the car out the car in the car out the car and of course you have everything you could possibly need.

i still havent got the hang of revearsing with a trailer yet much to my dads amusement...but the trailer does make life alot easier.