How Many People Go On The 1st Now ?

marsh man

Got a double on Canada's, might have been a triple if I had remembered I had three shots. No flappers as there were no duck, I think they had moved onto the local RSPB reserve as their lagoons had just flooded with the big tides. Plenty of geese but as always they got absolutely caned on the stubbles behind the marshes, lots of shooters out over many farms and some do not know or care about the meaning of restraint.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a very nice evening out on the river bank with Beretta28g , we didnt get a shot but there were birds about, we could hear others having a few pots, but it was a great evening among the reed beds, I had a couple of heron fly past me at about 3 yards, made me jump, plenty of pigeon still moving up to about 7.30 ish, we just had to run for cover around 9.00 as the heavens opened with a huge thunder storm, but I cant wait to get out again, perhaps there will be something to shoot at next time, lol. :lol::lol:

What load through the 28?

You certainly need to pick your shots this time of year ,saw a post on FB where someone was chuffed to have had a triple of greylag , they looked barely bigger than a decent mallard !

they were certainly bigger than decent mallard, all were adult greys, they young one on FB is my nephew and I had him out with me for his first flight "ever" he didn't bag all three of them (I took 2) but was certainly chuffed to get under them....

we sat opposite a group of young ones (150yrds from us) for around 2 hours, more birds were coming into these and could have been shot but we left them, a party of older birds came and landed 1/2 mile further on then lifted after a hour or so.. these were the ones we got into, made the young lad carry all three back so he now knows what it feels like to cart a few geese of the marsh in the dark........ I am sure he will remember restraint after his first flight...

they were certainly bigger than decent mallard, all were adult greys, they young one on FB is my nephew and I had him out with me for his first flight "ever" he didn't bag all three of them (I took 2) but was certainly chuffed to get under them....

we sat opposite a group of young ones (150yrds from us) for around 2 hours, more birds were coming into these and could have been shot but we left them, a party of older birds came and landed 1/2 mile further on then lifted after a hour or so.. these were the ones we got into, made the young lad carry all three back so he now knows what it feels like to cart a few geese of the marsh in the dark........ I am sure he will remember restraint after his first flight...

Nice one carl i bet the your nephew was made up and i am sure a valuable lesson was learnt by letting him carry them off.

At long last it has started!

Went out in Poole Harbour 2am ! to catch the tide.

Ran onto a mud-bank ,started pushing the punt ,only to have 6 Canada's come over us, guns in slips..................

Finally go into reed beds ,what a lovely felling hot sweaty but ready for the new season.

We had geese to either side of us all morning ,all out of range,finally 2 Mallard came in to decoys ..... and yes we had them!

Lets hope the rest of the season pans out the same way. Less mud!!!!!! what a state the boat was in . :good::good:

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason it never notified me of the replies so sorry it's late! No wasn't steel it was bismuth. It's an old zabala 10 bore choked full and full so no steel. I just have to throw gold at them haha. Yeah I was going to go on the rock guessed it would be full on there Kent

Weird init not another soul turned up! Not been up since weather only just decided it's autumn amyhow