Latest report from fatty.

Fat bloke

Evening pw massive.
I have not been able to get out shooting much as work and life have been doing their upmost to stop me doing anything remotely fun, but managed to find 4 hours 'me time'.
Arrived at the farm to find the combine and a lot of workers just leaving a field of wheat.
Anyhow, with a few pigeons around I set up close to a known flight line and used my limited experience to set about making myself a hide and arranged the decoy pattern in the classic u shape.
Only difference to usual was this all seemed to work.
Finished my little session with 23 birds.
Now I'm more than aware that the bag I am so proud of is small compared to some, but I'm truly chuffed to ******* with it.
The amount I enjoyed it is truly addictive.
If I can now only learn not to shoot like a muppet, I will really be boasting about the size of 'my sack'
Regards.
Fatty

23 !! I wish I had as many just flying over on most of my permissions, The only time I see large numbers of pigeons is in the market square in Yarmouth, or out on marsh man 's permission, I called at a farm this morning in the hope of finding a few birds as my oldest son has just flown in for a few days and wants to shoot pigeons, in about 30 minutes I saw 2, even on a large field of winter wheat stubble just cut there was nothing, last time out I had to resort to walking a large hedgerow out to get three birds to fly out in front of me, I did manage to get all three but its not going to make much of a feed for a family, ah well get the burgers out,

Number one son will have to make do with a few clays at billy bells,

I watched a youtube video last night, Andy Crow was talking about flocks of migrating pigeons passing over his farm, some 20,000 or so, do you think he might need a hand reloading or something ???:yahoo::yahoo:

PS: well done fat bloke, sounds like you got it right on the day, just keep doing more of the same, cant be bad. :good::good:

Thanks for your kind words gents.

Truth is, I love being out no matter how many I do or don't shoot.

Don't think there is anything finer, no phone, no work, nothing but the true beauty of our wonderful countryside.

It may not do my back any good but it's good for the soul.

Regards.

Fatty