laser bore sights

babs2020

You'd spend £50 on something which would cost you £5 in ammunition to correct.

The cheap and easy way to do it:

Mount your gun facing a target, remove the bolt and look down the barrel. Correct it to be aligned on the horizontal and then correct the scope to make the two agree. Then look down the barrel and have the barrel aim above the bullseye. Set your vertical to the bullseye and you'll really not be far off.

The laser method will leave you shooting low and the above method will have you shooting slightly closer.

They're a tool and can be less faff than lining up bores and scopes by eye especially if you don't have a rest. The real issue is how well aligned the laser is within the body - the cheaper they are etc.etc. I use one outside at dusk as a check. Their visibility is a bit suspect over distance in daylight especially as most seem to be red.

Save your money.

I bought one once, stuck it in the end of a barrel pointing at the wall the other side of the room, twisted it round in the barrel maintaining a good fit and it transcribed a 10" circle on the wall. Tried in a different calibre, same thing, sent it back for a refund.

I boresight with the rifle spirit-levelled in a cradle or on a bipod on a target at 25m and align the scope to that. First shot, adjust 'scope to be around to be 1" low of poa using a tape measure, 2nd shot to confirm and out to my zeroing distance.

Atb

Fizz