1st fox using thermal

Dougy

post-2987-0-02213500-1440546918_thumb.jpg

1st time out tonight using a pulsar thermal image camera.

I thought after the rain eventually stopped I should venture out and try my new nessasaty lol. I got up to the farm around 20.30 loaded up the magazine with the usual 3 rounds of 22.250, 1 in my pocket for when I'm in the field mod on, the roll top back on the pickup, and my new tool the pulsar thermal ready.

I had a play spotting rabbits and blimey they looked like glowing embers all dotted about the field. This is cool :-)). I drove up the track and played with the settings spotting cattle, sheep and even more rabbits, never seen so many. All sorted and happy with the settings I drrove up to the top fields place the caller out around 100 yds set up on the back of the pickup call and spot with the thermal.

Well I've been accused of cheating by using NV but combined wish this spotter its Christmas come early, not for this fox mind.

Edited by Dougy

She approved the purchase after my BS selling spiel.

I must say again this thing is amazing. Even looking through night vision you see stuff that you may not normally see, once you start spotting with thermal its a whole different world. Shortly after dropping that Fox , (which is a doddle to find in the grass with thermal) I had a scan round the field, and could see another through the hedge about 200yds plus walking away, looking through my NV I could just make out eye shine occasionally.

She approved the purchase after my BS selling spiel.

I must say again this thing is amazing. Even looking through night vision you see stuff that you may not normally see, once you start spotting with thermal its a whole different world. Shortly after dropping that Fox , (which is a doddle to find in the grass with thermal) I had a scan round the field, and could see another through the hedge about 200yds plus walking away, looking through my NV I could just make out eye shine occasionally.

I want one...but struggle to justify the purchase price :)

I will have stick to the lamp for spotting then the N750a for the time being . Not ideal but generally works most of the time. Keep us posted with how you get on buddy. Happy shooting.

Just got in from another perm, hundreds of sheep. It's got another use as well I found out tonight, when looking for a spot to sit and call you can scan for fresh lamb parcels lol.

Saw 1 fox but shown no interest in the calls from over 250 yds away. I plotted it's path for next visit though.

Just got in from another perm, hundreds of sheep. It's got another use as well I found out tonight, when looking for a spot to sit and call you can scan for fresh lamb parcels lol.

Saw 1 fox but shown no interest in the calls from over 250 yds away. I plotted it's path for next visit though.

Nice one

250yards away! Thought your rifles are ready for that distance I seemed to recall you saying to me ;-).

Yep ! :-) not all. I'm not that confident the one I use for walking. I may take my sako out tonight but it's a long up hill walk.

But on top of a very high hill, and being very exposed with 15 mph full value winds,then just a small point that it was not on my perm yet.

No I didn't shoot.

I don't intend to put all and every detail in my posts UD.

;-)

Edited by Dougy