Nite Site Wolf Reviews

jonnys

Hi - a friend of mine has a NiteSite (possibly the NS100.. or 400 - I can't remember). Anyway, we've used it together a number of times and it's very good for ratting / rabbits. Not sure what the range is like on the Wolf but you can probably get a long distance IR lamp to boost it - what sort of stuff do you do?

One of the good things about it too is you can use your normal scope and just attach the NS at night. I've got a night vision digital scope so I have to swap over the scopes each time I change what I'm doing and then make sure they're zeroed (normally minor adjustment is needed so it's just a bit more effort).

I use the Nite Site Wolf. Excellent, and probably the best option for 99% of shooters.

The smaller one is really only good rimfire, while the Wolf is good to 300 metres, so is the ideal foxing setup. Be honest, how many people (except on their dreams) actually shoot a fox over 300 metres ? Not very many, and certainly not here in NI, where most foxes are shot between 80 and 250 metres, with the average being more like 100-150 metres.

You need some large fields (or be stuck an a large hill with a view over several fields)to justify anything above 300 metres, and how safe would it be to shoot at that range at night too ?

I like my Wolf, but sooner or later WILL go back to dedicated NV on my 22-250

The Eagle at 500 metres range is really overkill for 99% of UK shooters

Edited by Redditch