Mixes bag and events last evening.

la bala

I popped out last evening between heavy rain showers hoping for a bunny or two. I parked up beside a hedge line and waited, first shot was a lone woody feeding on some clover in the grass at 60yds, within seconds the heavens opened up. Now as i shoot from a rest on the side of the Series Landy i have no window in the drivers side. I quickly hung an old coat up secured by 2 adjustable spanners jammed in the roof runners, well at least the rain wasnt getting in. After about 15 minutes the pigeon i had shot appeared to be flapping, on clearing the front screen i could see another pigeon humping the heck out of the dead one. With rifle in one hand and trying to remove the coat with the other turned out a right calamity, i finished up with a smack in the ear from one of the spanners. Any way said pigeon had done his dirty deed or spooked with all the commotion. After about 10 minutes the rain stopped and a half grown rabbit came hopping down the track and actually stopped to sniff the dead pigeon, which was its downfall. I decided to leave both the rabbit and pigeon out as there are always magpies about. What is it about magpies, they seem to spot or smell death from a mile away. I didnt have long to wait before one of the black eyed evil things landed in a tree above the bait. Not loosing anytime it landed and started strutting around, well i made its mind up, it wasnt having either of them. I went on to shoot two more rabbits and then rain stopped play And the most satisfying shot of the session, i will let you guess. The shots were taken with my trusty cz 452 and winchester subs. By the way if anyone has a Defender door with wind down window, i am in the market for one, i think they will fit a series.

Good shooting boys.

I once had a pigeon mount a shell decoy. They were good decoys , but I did not think that good. Perhaps I could understand it if the decoy was soft rubber !!!! , but not a hard shell decoy----- still any port in a storm. lol

Edited by anser2