Krylon spray paint

team tractor

I did the stock and metalwork of an Air Arms S200. I used a combination of Krylon and Halfords own brand camo spray paint. No discernible difference between them (except the price), the key is always in the prep. Spray paint will always chip and rub, so if you want a really good finish, mortgage your house and get a cerakote.

Failing that, accept that the chips just add character and enjoy having the extra money in your pocket!

image-2.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Castle

What I should have said in answer to Team Tractor's original question is that spray paint only peels when the surface is poorly prepared (oily, dusty, too smooth etc) but chips depending on handling. I did a few coats of clear, matte varnish on the rifle above and that has certainly helped but nothing is perfect.

Ali

Edited by Castle

I used Duracoat weapon paint on mine, no peeling or chips, and very tough. Google Caswell eu. Its under Duracoat Firearm finishes.

Thanks I'll look into it now

What I should have said in answer to Team Tractor's original question is that spray paint only peels when the surface is poorly prepared (oily, dusty, too smooth etc) but chips depending on handling. I did a few coats of clear, matte varnish on the rifle above and that has certainly helped but nothing is perfect.

Ali

Thank you that's exactly what I wanted to know

siily question but can I get camo paint in a tin as I'm after british army mtp and is it easy to spot on the shelf as I'm stuck in the hardware store still looking for the tartan paint think they has sold out of it

No mate they only do DPM paint in a tin, MTP is spray only.

Tartan is not adversitied but is always next to the long weights just ask for them at the counters.