What do you think steel proof mark ???

farmboy807

Well I recently brought a beretta al391 urika

And I can't see any steel proof marks etc

I took it to a gun shop and he had a look at it and couldn't find any either

But he said as its an old gun they didn't proof them and he would be happy to fire anything through it

As doing some wildfowling this coming season want to know to you guys think is it safe to shot anything if not what would happen

And what can I shoot through it for duck and geese thanks

I've had one for years, I usually fire 36gm steel, never had any problems with it.

In all honesty it has never failed me whatever I use, 28gm lead at clays, 32gm lead at pigeons,42gm steel when I can get them, well afford them, it will recycle and fire until your shoulder falls apart.

I will say that I never use more than half choke, but that's more a lack of faith in my abilities to work out the lead at longer birds, rather than a lack of faith in the gun.

I've had one for years, I usually fire 36gm steel, never had any problems with it.

In all honesty it has never failed me whatever I use, 28gm lead at clays, 32gm lead at pigeons,42gm steel when I can get them, well afford them, it will recycle and fire until your shoulder falls apart.

I will say that I never use more than half choke, but that's more a lack of faith in my abilities to work out the lead at longer birds, rather than a lack of faith in the gun.

42gm steel are 3.5",the al391 urika is a 3" chambered gun???

I see,it's usually lead inland for me anyway,just thought steel would be the same.I use steel 32 and 36 when I have to.

Scotland only for fowl

I do wish people started stating they shoot in Scotland when it makes it look like there are a lot of idiots in our sport shooting fowl with lead south of the border inland

Thats from the "Beretta AL 391 Urika" manual ... maybe someone on PW can interpretate the quote l've posted, as comfirmation one way or the other?

I've only quite recently bought a AL 391 and think l've done the right thing. I wanted a good semi auto. There are members on here who do or did own one. Fenboy, Medic1281 are an instance. Both praise the Urika as being a very good semi auto. I'm pleased l bought one ..

Edited by hoggysreels

I've used high pressure cartridges in mine with no problem whatsoever. There is a slight risk l might get struck by lightening when l point the Urika skyward. Just where do you draw the line with, what if's and maybe's. I'm my own safety officer, l'm( over 18 and manage my own life "inclusive of risk" ... l read my Beretta Urika manual, as l should and supposedly adhere to it. And the imformation is as l have posted .. atb

I put plenty of eley lighting 3 inch hp 36g size 1 put 3 box's of remington sportsman steel size 3 34g 4 box's of fiocchi steel 35g size 2 8 box's of Hull steel game and about 200 Ely vip steel in 3s through my urika and that didn't have a proof mark only 1150 or 1050kg per cm