GDK Traps

RDP

Does anyone have any experience of the GDK manual clay traps? Specifically the 3/4 cock ones.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=300614766276&globalID=EBAY-GB

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=121085244638&globalID=EBAY-GB

I was wondering if they are worth the money and are safe? It would only be for some informal clays over a field with some friends. Is the seated one favourable over the floor mounted unit?

I have a gdk auto trap it works fine, great if you are wanting to use it say once a week, for a manual trap look on ebay for something like a bowman trap, the only problem there is you could do a bit of DTL or right to lefts, left to rights, the auto trap with cordless remote will give you loads more shooting and less chance of shooting the poor guy sat working the trap.

Most of these cheap traps can be fitted with a long length of cord to operate the release so the trapper can be well out of the way. With a little imagination you can use some sort of 90 degree bend or a bellcrank so the trapper can be next to the shooter or indeed the shooter himself could operate the trap.

Gkd trap if any 1 wants to have a good deal my local club will be ebaying theres in a few weeks hardly used its a double trap with wire and wireless remote I let u know when its on there

Automatic?

We returned ours as unfit for purpose.......

Had to finally threaten them with action from the credit card company (their idea) to get our money back.......horrible things

:shaun:

Everything I ever had from GDK has been "unfit for purpose"

Most things are broken when they arrive, or break soon after.

Some things I spent more money on to make them useable rather than throwing them away.

Not only that, but he charges extortionate amounts of postage for any country of the UK other than England.

• 2 weeks later...

I have got a GDK 3/4 trap.as in my picture. It throws standard singles and stacked doubles really well. I have put around 700

clays through it.Really cant fault it. Very easy to cock as it has a roller bearing which returns the arm 3/4 of the way.

Quality is really good,well made and solid.

I have adapted an old bass drum foot pedal to release the clays so I can use it on my own.

For £99.99 delivered I can really recommend it.

post-74294-0-14788200-1441911935_thumb.jpg

Automatic?

We returned ours as unfit for purpose.......

Had to finally threaten them with action from the credit card company (their idea) to get our money back.......horrible things

:shaun:

Please listen this man, he knows what's he's talking about. They are not, repeat not fit for purpose.

Please listen this man, he knows what's he's talking about. They are not, repeat not fit for purpose.

If you read Shauns post properly,you will see he is talking about an Automatic trap,no mention of a manual trap,or am I missing something?

Can I ask you sKabo1,do you have any experience of the 3/4 manual trap? Would really like to know your obvious experience with them.

I might learn something I need to know!

I have a manual 3/4 cocking trap. No problems in the time I have had it. Only light use by 2 or 3 of us which I guess is what it was intended for. For the low price I never really considered the customer service aspect.

Certainly a lot more comfortable to cock than our Bowman.

Our club auto GDK, however, has given up in rapid time whilst the old Acorns plod on.

Really makes me laugh when people come out with these sweeping statements.

All im saying is the one i have, is a great trap,over 700 clays with no problems.

Thats pretty good in my book for the price.

Blimey..700 clays, you haven't exactly given it a fair trial, most traps would throw that amount in a morning..

Cat.

Your quite right about only 700 clays.I only use it every couple of weeks for a bit of fun. Put around 100 clays each time. If I wanted a trap

that would throw 700 clays in a morning,then I would buy a trap that was designed to throw that many clays.Also,i don't know about you,but I

couldn't afford to shoot 700 clays each time I went out!!

I'm just saying,it serves me well,im happy with it,does what it was designed for,not commercial use,just a few clays,on a Saturday morning

on my own land!!!